Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR: Work Rumors

So long story short. I gave my two weeks at Rita's ...
My boss just got the letter today because she has been away (like she is all the time).
I hadn't told anyone beside DH and my mom.
She offered my position to another manager, who I had talked to after my boss told her. She has the same problems with my boss as I do ...
I told a shift leader today, who will be on vacation and miss the meeting that I am going to announce that I am leaving.
So those are the only two people I have talked to. I was trying to keep it under wraps until the meeting and until things get straighten out.
I just got a text from a shift manager who quit a week ago, but has been in costa rica ... saying she knows I resigned ...  Really? now everyone is going to know ... they are going to find out so it's okay.
But i'm assuming my boss told her and offered her more money to come back .. which if she was smart would ask me since I'm the only one who knows how to run the store.
Sorry I had to vent to someone.
I guess I should get back to work since, I still work here ...

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: NWR: Work Rumors

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it amazing how work rumors spread like wild fire?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Rumor mills are unstoppable no matter how big or small the office.  Congrats though!  Its hard to give notice, but liberating. Do you have something lined up?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ah darn now I can't call you the Rita's-girl... Do you mind if I call you former Ritas-girl?  :)  JK.. Congrats on the work related move, whats next on your plate?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm subbing at a child development center - which pays more than Rita's/
    I have an interview tomorrow for a TSS.
    I've been sending my resume out. I can pick up more hours subbing and I can fill in filing where I used to work in high school/early college.

I will probably always been known as Rita's girl, so it is okay to still call me that.
    I can walk around town, in normal clothes, and people say, "oh look it's the Rita's girl"
    The week after my wedding when I was working a customer came up to me and asked if I just got married. Weird ... here she saw me when I was taking pictures with Ice Guy ... I look much different with no make-up, hair in a pony tail, and a hat ... but she knew it was me.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• edited December 2011
    Question for you Ritas girl  - How come they havent had Pistachio in forever???  :(  It was my fav flavor.  

PS - Congrats on the subbing job.  Sounds awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    It was retired 2 years ago.
    It did not sell well. At my store (no offense) only old men bought the flavor. With our 36 hour freshness poilcy we threw more out than we sold.
    No one should have the flavor mix anymore since it went out of date last year and we had to throw out any mix we had.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• edited December 2011
    I worked at a custard stand in NJ for about 8 years!  When I go back to visit (the owners are like family to me), customers still ask how I am and start conversations.  I dont know how they remember me.  I guess the frozen treats are close to their hearts!

People will gossip.  It is what it is.  At least the rumors started after you already gave notice and not before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards