• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2009 Weddings

seating chart done in an hour!!

I know that some people think it is super lame, but we put paper plates out with colored coded post its. And it took less than an hour. Fiance was amazed how smoothly it went. And it's easy because once you're done, you can stack them. It was so stress free. If any of you are trying to figure out seating chart, I'd definitely consider this.
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: seating chart done in an hour!!

• haha, ours took under an hour too...I used WeddingWire.com, put everyone in their respective seats, had FI log in and double check that his side of the family was correct and DONE.And then I exported a report by table with each person & what meal they chose.Now I just have to send the info to the venue and we're good to go. I was SHOCKED that seating could be so easy. We both thought it would be agonizing
    TTC since Sept 2010

Aug 2011 - SA reveals no sperm

Jan 2012 - biopsy, b/w = Sertoli-only syndrome, DH doesn't make the cells needed to make sperm, moving on to DS

IUI# 1 - 4/1/12 - BFN

IUI# 2 - 5/4/12 - BFN

IUI# 3 w/ Clomid - 6/4/12 - BFN

IUI# 4 w/ Clomid, new donor - 7/5/12 - BFN

IUI# 5 w/ Clomid & trigger shot/Novarel - 8/3/12 - BFN

~Cycle Off~

IVF# 1 - 19 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 8 frosties. 5-day transfer. Beta #1 - 11/20/12 - BFN

FET# 1 - 1/23/13 - BFP - beta 2/4/13 - 266, beta 2 - 623, beta 3 - 1452

You, Me and Someone Else - updated 2/6/13 - 14dp5dt OR 4w5d

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/sg4uir.jpg[/IMG]
  • I've heard some horror stories about people being stressed over seating. The plates thing just worked for us because we could visually see it. And it was easy to pass to each other.
    My Planning Bio
  • Yay ! Ours was done very quickly as well. I just used Excel  and created a block of sqaures to represent each table and then cut & pasted each name from our "Yes" list to the "tables".
  • Nice. My fiance came home and took a look and had to do his moves around. He didn't like certain tables but got really happy really fast.
    My Planning Bio
  • Sweet! I was surprised at how easily mine came together too. I actually started doing it before we sent out the invites...it's a small enough guest list so I had a sense of who would be coming. I'm just waiting for 3 more RSVPs and then I can finalize the seating for real. Hoping 1 of those RSVPs drops off, cause that means we can drop a table entirely, which would be nice! As it stands now, we have 8 tables of 8, one table of 5, and one table of 4, so could really stand to lose that 1 RSVP!
  • Ours is becoming a headache.I'm having trouble figuring out who I want to stick with FI's college friends.My mother wants her side a certain way, so I'm letting her do her own.FMIL doesnt even know that she's going to have to do hers yet, and FI hardly knows her friends, so when I give her the layout, and her names, I hope she gets it back to me asap...
  • Forgot to say: I used the Knot guest list manager function and that worked really well. Very easy.
  • I called up the parents really quick and asked if they had a preference who they sat with. I took that into consideration, then went from there. I tried to keep certain friends together, and FI and I both consider some of our guests "wild card" guests, in the sense that they can sit anywhere, be happy, and talk to the strangers on the other side of the table.
    My Planning Bio
  • I've been using theknot guest list manager to track people's responses, and then inputting them to wedding wire to do the seating chart as they come in.  We still have some people to hear from, and I'll probably have to make a few changes, but I'm glad I've been doing this gradually instead of trying to figure it out all at once
  • I'll have to try this. I'll admit I'm totally dreading this part of planning.
  • Ditto Tree - thats basically what I've been doing too... it's helping, but I have NO idea what FMIL wants to do with ehr side.. ugh
  • I was going to try the Martha Stewart online one but that sounds super-easy and visual! FMIL told me she'd do the seating charts as the rsvp's come in today...I already have an idea of who I want to go where based on the table layout so it was like thanks but no thanks.  Oh and the rsvp's are coming to my house, not hers. 
  • I did the exact same thing as amr...I blocked out each table with a different color. I love excel so this worked for me!
    Rachel's Nest

Photobucket
    Audrey Pearl
  • I used Excel, but in column form. I copy and paste each name as I get a yes to a "table" colum and it keeps count of how many at each table and how many total. I'm just OCD with numbers. It did help me figure when I needed to move from 8 tables to 9.
  • Me too. Friends were hard because I had a weird number of them. The tables seat 8 each and I had probably 11 of them that would all get along at one table. Grh, but like I said, we were able to tackle this bit so easily. I was nervous about it before because of all the horror stories I had heard from other girls on here (P&E mostly)
    My Planning Bio
  • I think ours is just hard. I tried the knot guest list manager and making lists by hand, and I just can't fit everyone well. Our groups are odd sizes, I think, and FI's friends have all these kids that take up half the table. And he has 11 family members coming, and our tables fit 10. I spent 4 hours on it on Sunday, got 6 late "yes" RSVPs since then, gave the draft to my mom, who said, "I can't believe you put Mr and Mrs X with Mr and Mrs Y, what are you thinking?!?!" (actually, i was thinking: put all mom's friends that I hate together, and stick them at a table in the far corner). So mom's doing it today. Maybe I'll tell her about the paper plates, though.
  • I'm using the paper plate thing too! it's worked great for us!....still have a few more days for the deadline though, but we have a good start!
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Charlsie- having the post its is so helpful because you can see them. With computer programs, specifically the knot, because they are just lists. At least with the post its, they are sticky and you can move them to another place.
    My Planning Bio
  • i'm a visual person...so that's why it helped me.  I'm not a technical person...so I liked my paper plates and colorful post it!
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't remember if it was this board or P&E but someone totally got flamed for suggesting this idea. People were saying that if you needed the plates, you had problems. I knew I wanted to do it. I too, am a visual, not a computer person.
    My Planning Bio
  • I'll me emailing my guest list to you and you can do this for me, mmkay? ;)
    Kari & Jesse 09.26.09

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/29uqg4p.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20764;91/st/20130829/k/8b7a/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • haha, mac. Just because I got mine done doesn't mean I want to do it again....sorry. lol
    My Planning Bio
  • damn ;)
    Kari & Jesse 09.26.09

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/29uqg4p.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20764;91/st/20130829/k/8b7a/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards