• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2009 Weddings

Need help on father/daughter song!

I have no idea what to pick. Do you ladies know of just a pretty song that is not so mushy? It's just that my dad and I are not like that so I feel funny on songs like that. I need a simple song. Any ideas?
ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
image Matrix image Ollie

Re: Need help on father/daughter song!

• the band suggested "what a wonderful world" for the father/daughter dance so we might just be going with that...since I'm 3 days out...whoops!
  • That's to funny because my friend just said the same thing today! I wish I could find a faster version though. Thanks and congrats! Hope you have an awesome day.
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Also, I saw you previous post, I am a former yinzer from Wexford! 
  • I was going to use "I Loved Her First by Heartland if my father was coming to my wedding but he is not so we are doing without the father/daughter and mother/son dances. This song is a simple slow song. Good luck.
  • My dad & I are dancing to "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder.  Our DJ suggested it.  Not too mushy and a little upbeat.  Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cousin danced with her dad to Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight".  I think of them whenever I hear it. 
  • Thanks girls. Nothing but waiting a week before the wedding!
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • My dad and I are dancing to "Wild World" by Cat Stevens.
    Photobucket image
  • We are combining the father/daughter and mother/son and dancing to MY Wish by Rascal Flats - not too mushy but has a nice message.
  • I gave my dad a long list, and he picked "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.  The lyrics are really sweet but not too cliche and mushy.  Our DJ said he's only had one other bride with that song since he started years ago.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Becky, you have plenty of time.  I have 3 days and haven't figured this out. 
  • Oh good that makes me feel better but you better get on the ball! JK!
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • we are using Lullabye(goodnightn angel) by billy joel
  • I used "Come Sail Away" by Styx.. and I think it blew people away. I picked it because he took me to see Styx for my first concert. It was one of my favorite moments from that day!
  • We used Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight."  My dad and I aren't into the mushy stuff either, so this was perfect for us.  (We almost used Father and Daughter by Paul Simon but in the end my dad had to go with Sinatra.)My hubby and his mom danced to What a Wonderful World though, so I think it'd be fine for a father/daughter dance.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Tarzie/538849_10151457112340010_805780009_23414326_66864066_n-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfaf7e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • We combined our Mother/Son and Father/Daughter dance and danced to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards