Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Non-religious Officiants

Hey Ladies, 
Can anyone recommend their non religious officiant? I've heard many raves about Journeys of the Heart, but was hoping for something for a bit less $$. 
TIA!

Re: Non-religious Officiants

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same concerns you did, but after we met with Maria Odilia Romeu (our officiant from Journeys of the Heart), we stopped looking.  She had me nearly in tears during our initial meeting when we outline dhte ceremony and was worth every single cent we paid.  Incredibly organized and had a ton of ideas for us to choose from in terms of how to structure our ceremony.  (Probably as a result of her affiliation with the large network of Journeys officiants...) She was an enormously calming presence on our wedding day and went the extra mile to provide everything we needed and anwer every question we had over e-mail.  The ceremony was gorgeous, and we received so many compliments.  I know it seems like more than necessary for an officiant, but it was some of the best money we spent. 

For the record, we also met with Elizabeth Frumin (who is less expensive).  Some other girls here have used her and liked her, but we just didnt click with her the way we did with Maria. 
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going off of what Heather said, that woman was PERFECT. The ceremony was one of the most beautiful I went to... and I'd say that, since the wedding is about the ceremony, to put in extra there, more then anywhere else during that day, because everything else is just to celebrate the ceremony. She was fantastic.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Journey's of the Heart ....I've had a ton of people recommend them to me, so FI and I are meeting with them in a couple weeks.

FI has a jewish background (but is not religious at all) and I'm Christian and consider myself religious- but we're  doing a more neutral ceremony so we're both comfortable. Of course, FI wanted to break the glass (more for the fun, rather than the meaning <eye roll /> haha) so we're each picking one thing from our backgrounds to include. When I explained this to the woman at JOTH, she said they've done it all and happy to do whatever we would like! So we're excited to get more into the planning of the ceremony.

and for the above (and what I've heard) it's worth every penny!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elizabeth Frumin from Weddings with Heart is wonderful. We met with her and loved her. Unfortunately she wasn't available for our wedding date, so her colleague, Loretta, married us. We were very happy with her as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I love how when someone asks for suggestions OTHER THAN JOH, everyone is ready to jump in and recommend JOH anyway. Guess what -- what was right for you is not right for everyone, even if you thought it was worth every penny.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She didn't ask for suggestions other then JOH, she just asked for suggestions, and stated JOH was a bit expensive. Had she stated she had no interst in JOH that would be different.
  • Options
    hs0511hs0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey again - so I did originally want recs for officiants other than JOH, but your responses proved that they were the best, and....
    FI and I had our meeting with our JOH officiant tonight, and couldn't be happier with our decision. Our ceremony is going to be perfect for the 2 of us. Laughing

Thanks for your help!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards