Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Crazy co-workers

So I got a teacher from the other teacher in my classroom (we have young toddlers) and the older lady (old enough to be my grandmom) from the other toddler class was flipping out this morning because there was some scrap construction paper on the floor this morning.  I'm a closer so I'm there until the end.  I clean as best as i can, but I still have a room full of kids pretty much until the end, plus I get kids coming in from other rooms.  I swept the floor twice, but the kids find the paper and tear it up.  So this older lady is pissed that I did not clean up every scrap piece of paper.  She's there when there's only 1 or 2 kids in the morning, it's very different when there's 8 -10 and by then they are running around like animals.  I know I should've cleaned it better, but it's not like I just left it.  I had a Bible Study after work last night, so I had to get out on time and I could not stay late to pick it all up, but I had tried.  This lady cleaned it all up and saved it so she can show it to me.

Needless to say I am not looking forward to going into work this morning, but at least I was warned ahead of time.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Crazy co-workers

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would drive me crazy! I would probably spend all day coming up with snarky replies, although even that wouldn't keep the dread of going in away.

I can imagine that working with toddlers is hard enough, the last thing I'm sure you want to deal with is gripey old ladies!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I feel your pain!!  I'm a preschool teacher too.  My classroom is connected with the elementary school and I make sure that my kids and the parents help pick up all the stuff on the floor before they leave.  The JANITOR came in and asked if I could clean my room more at the end of the day - isn't that his job?? 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Aren't people crazy?
    Our cleaners don't clean.  I've mopped the floor a few times, but it's dirty.  Parents have complained but it's not my fault the people we pay bid money for don't know how to mop a floor.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And you know what the sad part is??  (I'm not sure this directly applies to your job) but in the majority of America - janitors get paid more than ECE teachers.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dare you to sneak a piece of scrap paper into her purse...Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards