Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*JackieRobinson*

Welcome to the boards!! 

I know you still have over a year left, but have you gotten started on your planning yet?
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: *JackieRobinson*

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi and thanks!
    We picked our date & venue early, Warrington Country Club 5.12.12 :)
    I'm set on blue and green colors, defeinitely a garden-type theme, it's an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. The guest list is around 190 right now...

We have a photographer and DJ, starting to work on my song selections, and setting up engagement pics soon (we are thinking the Navy Yard, my FI's family has a lot of history there, and boating has been a big thing for my family too).
    I've picked out BM dresses which I love (my sister is my MOH + 4 other girls) which are an apple-ish green. Tablecloths will be light blue. Flowers will be white and blue...and that's about as far as I have gotten.

Oh...and of course, Hawaii for the honeymoon :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and way to go on all of the planning you've gotten done so far!

Where in Hawaii are you going?  We went to Maui for our honeymoon.  We went for a week and it still didn't seem like enough time to see everything!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dibsontop: We are really trying to go for a week and a half or 2 weeks, and splitting our time between Maui and the big island. I have heard so many great things about Maui, I'm sure you had a great time on your HM! Any suggestions of specific places to go while we are there? I honestly haven't done a whole lot of planning as far as that goes yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jackie,

One of my coworkers has been to Hawaii a bunch of times.  We're going to Aruba, but the original plan was Hawaii. I know that he's been to Maui... I can ask him for recommendations.  The one thing that he did tell me was that eating out & drinking there can get really pricey, so they ate in when they could, and anything that they wanted to drink, they went to a liquor store and stocked up in their room. 
    He did say that they took a helicopter ride in Kauai, and it was probably his favorite part of the trip.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can afford it and can take the extra time, definitely stay longer and hop islands!  I'm so grateful that we were even able to go to Hawaii, but it would have been nice to check out at least one other island while we were there.

The Revealed books are an absolute must! 
    http://www.amazon.com/Maui-Revealed-Guidebook-Andrew-Doughty/dp/0981461034
    We found so many "hidden" gems because of this book.  It helped us to pick out places to eat as well and things to do.  Definitely do the Road to Hana (all the way around the mountain!) and snorkeling (on your own without a group of people - you can rent fins and masks at a lot of places).

Interestingly enough, I didn't find the cost of eating out to be all that unreasonable.  At least, no more expensive than any other resort location.  I thought that the price of buying groceries was what was way out of line (we went to Walmart to stock up on some essentials - water, gatorade, snacks).

Ahhhh, you're going to have such a good time!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! i've been super busy with work so just got on to read these, but will def; check out that book! We stocked up on food/alcohol like that on a trip to St. Maarten this past summer, it helped us save some money! I am so excited to even start planning the honeymoon, it sounds like everyone who has been to Hawaii has nothing but good things to say :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards