• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
March 2010 Weddings

Bridesmaid pregnant

So I was asking my bridesmaid today to be my Matron of honor and she then told me that she just found out she was pregnant and she probably will be due April 1st...4 days after my wedding.  She said she would like to be in the wedding but I'm wondering if I should move my day from March 28th to March 21st or even march 14th.  I've already paid for the venue but I haven't finilized my day because we originally were going to have the wedding this November but then we had to move the date.  I have a maid of honor as well.

Re: Bridesmaid pregnant

  • oh jeez what are the odds lol, if you aren't locked into that date or have any special reason for choosing that date then i would just go ahead and make it a little earlier, maybe the 14th to give her time.
    Married March 2010.

    Me 26 and DH 28.

    08/2008 - Surprise BFP ended in chemical pregnancy

    01/2011 - Dx with annovulation/unexplained IF-DH borderline low morph

    02/2011- HSG= all clear

    05/2011 - 100mg clomid + IUI = BFN (thin lining)

    06/2011- 9/2011 - Femara + IUI = BFN

    11/2011- 125iu Follisti + IUI = BFN

    12/2011- 03/2012- TTC naturally

    03/2012- 125iu Follistim + IUI = BFN

    04/2012-10/2012- TTC naturally

    10/2012- 125iu Follistim + TI = BFN *cycle resulted in mild OHSS*

    10/2012- DH dx with minor varicocele

    11/2012-2/2013- TTC naturally preparing for IVF #1

    02/2012 Waiting on AF- Began Provera 2/18- Preparing to begin first IVF cycle
    *Expected ET April 2013*
  • Keep in mind a due date is just an approximate - she could go two weeks early or two weeks late.  A friend of mine got married just last weekend and this was her exact situation.  She asked her cousin to be her MOH right around when MOH either just found out or found out just after.  MOH was at the wedding having had the baby 2 weeks ago.  My friend really wanted her cousin as MOH and was willing to take the chance that she may not actually be there that day and one of the BMs would step in.If you have a Matron of Honor as well I would just leave things as they are.
  • I would keep your original plan -- I have several bridesmaids who are trying to get pregnant now or will be then -- but we all understand that you do what you can and if they cant be there it is for a fantastic reason!
  • I had a similar situation.  My friend agreed to be a bridesmaid a few months ago, and then 2 or 3 wks ago texted me that she's pregnant and due March 19th - the day before my wedding.  So now she can't be in my wedding, let alone come to it.  IMO, if you can move the date to make it more do-able for her, that would be nice but you ultimately need to do what's best for you.
  • My sister is my Matron of honor, and her and her husband are trying to get pregnant again.  I have agreed to wait and let her purchase the dress until we get closer.  I'm letting her wear a separate dress.  Also, davids bridal has jersey knit dresses that have a lot of give and forgiveness for a baby bump.  If you are more in love with your friendship than a specific date I would suggest changing your date and being flexible.  While this day is totally about you it doesn't mean that your friends lives are holding still! I think it would show a lot to her if you would be willing to make that change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards