Veil

Re: Veil

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, but I'm having issues about wearing a blusher or not. :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will wear a veil, no blusher, and take it off after the first dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

veil no blusher. I am thinking about removing it after the first dance as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, no matter what I do about the blusher, i'm taking it off after the ceremony and have a hair flower for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine lasted until the limo after the ceremony.  It was elbow length.  Everyone was hugging me and DH would put his arm around me and it kept pulling on the veil and I felt like I couldn't move my head.  Plus it was really hot even though it's just a little bit of fabric.  I hated wearing it and feel bad about that since my grandma bought it for me before she passed away, so it looked beautiful and was sentimental, but i HATED wearing it.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Cara:  wear a blusher; it's traditional for Jewish ceremonies, and it will make your cantor cousin happy.

I'm wearing a white, two-tiered, fingertip-length veil with an attached pearl-beaded tiara.  I will also remove it at the reception and either wear a tiara or nothing in my hair at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Cara:  wear a blusher; it's traditional for Jewish ceremonies, and it will make your cantor cousin happy.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Meh.  I know, and I know its tradition.  Its just something I've not been able to make myself okay with.  I'm meeting the rabbi on Sunday, we'll see what he says.  But I'm preparing myself for losing this battle.  Hopefully I'll warm to the idea in the next 3 months.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We'll talk about it at the GTG on Sunday. ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took mine off after the first dance. I wasn't planning on doing a blusher until I tried it on with my dress.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As of right now I don't think I'll wear one. Knowing that I'll be taking it off asap, I just don't think it's worth it for me. Buuuut I still have a long time before the wedding so we'll see if I change my mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I initially was not going to wear a veil ... until my consultant put a cathedral length veil on with my dress and I fell in love!  I'm wearing it for the ceremony (no blusher) and taking it off for the reception - where I'll be wearing a headpiece/comb.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a two tiered elbow length (that will fall between my elbow and fingertip because of where it is being placed); the top tier will be used as a blusher for my dad to raise.  I also have a pearls and crystals comb that will be placed above the veil comb.

I plan on wearing it the whole night, because I paid for it and its the only time in my life I get to wear one.  However, if I get frustrated with it, I am going to have them do my hair so I can take the veil off and leave the comb in.

Also, for some reason, I couldn't see the actual poll!  I refreshed several times and nothing popped up...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took mine off after our photos in between ceremony and reception.. I wanted it on for formal pictures, but wore a hair flower for the reception.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What the heck is a blusher?  Embarassed  I'm blushing out of embarrassment for not knowing this.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_veil-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:66590ec5-a2d1-461e-aff0-cffbb60d02e0Post:3d5475dd-20d6-41af-b9b4-4585d0fc8627">Re: Veil</a>:
    [QUOTE]What the heck is a blusher?    I'm blushing out of embarrassment for not knowing this.
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

The veil that goes over your face. :) 
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's attached to the veil itself or something seperate?  I'm not an idiot, I swear!   Since FI and a I were dating so long before he popped the question, I assumed we'd just get hitched one night on a whim!  I never studied this stuff lol.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some people use the two teired veil and just use the top as the blusher, or some have a blusher that is separate. I don't think you are an idiot  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just purchased a birdcage veil. I originally was going to wear a two teired elbow length veil, but it just isn't my style.

For the reception I'll be wearing a ribbon headband with a brooch. :)
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards