Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

facials?

I have never tried one and want to in the next few weeks. Anyone have any reccommendations in the Center City area without spending a fortune??

Re: facials?

• edited December 2011
    If you've never had one, be careful getting one really close to the wedding.  They can make you break out if your skin is clogged or they use products that react with your skin.

I don't have any CC recs.  Sorry
  • edited December 2011
    thanks Hil. thats why I wantedo to go now, just in case I did break out!
  • edited December 2011
    A good place to look for deals is on livingsocial and groupon.  I get offers all the time for great spa packages/coupons.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I got a facial in November and am just now starting to get my skin back under control!  Crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    no way that long???? omg I dont even want to risk it then! ahh I am glad I asked!!

I thought like a week or two tops and i would be back to normal. yikes!
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend holding off. I've had a few facials (I never learn...) and each time they've messed up my skin for months.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine just finished all of her training (read:graduated from aesthetician school) and is amazing. I had a facial 2 months ago, and was able to go out on a date that night with FI without worrying about how my face looked. She did a great job. She's closer to the Delaware area, but she'll come to you. If you're interested, I can PM you the info.

I should mention that I have the worst skin in the world- very sensitive, very blotchy usually, and prone to breakouts. I had absolutely no problems.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I go to a spa up the street from my house, and they use all natural and organic ingredients. I never have a problem and my skin is really stupid in general but I don't have more problems after getting facials.
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only one I've been to in CC is the Phoniex Salon and Spa at 16th and Arch. I had a special package deal, but I really enjoyed my exprience there, but I do think they are a little pricey. Otherwise Salon L'Etoile in Manayunk was also really good. Although don't go there for a massage, it was super weak.
  • edited December 2011
    I asked my dermotologist about getting a series of facials before the wedding and she recommended not doing them, except maybe a peel would be ok. 

I have difficult skin too though, so it might be one of those things that works for some people depending on the type of facial and their skin type. I have a coworker with beautiful skin and I know she gets facials but I think she has the type of skin that can handle it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    There is a deal on groupon or living social today.  I forget which one.  
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how sensitive your skin is... you might be okay.  Just tell them NO EXTRACTIONS!!  That's what messes people up for a while.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    thanks all!! i think I am just going to avoid it all together until after the wedding since I have no clue how my skin would react. and my luck, it would not be good!

maybe i'll just treat myself to a nice massage :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards