April 2010 Weddings

response cards

we got our proof back from our invitation place of what our invites will look like... and to look over it carefully and make changes...
the response card are worded...

we look forward to celebrating with you
kindly respond by march 15th ( <~~~SHOULDNT  THIS BE THE 17TH SINCE OUR WEDDING IS APRIL 17TH)

guest name

2 seats have been reserved in your honor

Number able to come __
Number unable to come ___

(I dont find it necessary to have them say the number who isnt coming...I just dont want the guests to a switch the numbers around...

are u having this ... both unable and not able to come ?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: response cards

• Ours says

The favor of a reply is requested before March 19th, 2010

M__________________________

___accepts   ___regrets

For our 4-10-10 wedding
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It doesn't need to be the 17th just because the wedding is the 17th so I wouldn't worry about that.
  • You do need to know who is coming and who isn't, so I think you should leave it the way it is
  • Two days for the response date won't make a difference. I did a March 10 reply date for my April 10 wedding, but I just arbitrarily picked that date.

My only concern would be that someone would write, John and Jane Smith under the name, and then write 1 coming and 1 not coming. So how would you know who's the one coming? (Although I imagine that most smart people would indicate who's coming and who's not, so this is something that probably can't be helped no matter what you write, because there will always be some people who just don't think.)
  • The rsvp date doesn't matter to much if it's off by a couple days. Ours is March 20 for our April 17th wedding. This is what our response cards say....

The favor of a reply is requested by : March 20th 2010

Name: ________
    Yes, we are delighted to attend: _______
    Number of persons: _______
    No, we are unable to attend: __________

Anniversary

TTC since March 2011
    DX: MFI
    Taking a break from being poked and prodded
  • I agree with pp, you don't need it to be the 17th.  Ours is March 16 for an April 16 wedding, but I just figured an exact month would be perfect for me.

Ours is:

The favour of a reply is requested
    before the sixteenth of March two-thousand and ten

M____________________________________________

______ Accepts with pleasure
    ______ Declines with regret

______ Number of guests

I hope that helps!

Danielle
  • Ours is:

The favour of a reply is requested
    by March 1, 2010.

M____________________________________________

______ Accepts with pleasure
    ______ Declines with regret

______ Number of guests

Our wedding is April 10th but we need to have a final count into our venue a full month out. So we wanted the extra time to make follow-up phone calls if we don't hear from some people so we pushed our RSVP date up to the 1st.
  • I definitely think the date depends on when your venue needs the final count like the bride above stated. I am making my date a month before my wedding knowing full well that I have some last minute larrys in my circle of family and friends and if I make it later then they'll be coming all the way until my wedding date, lol. I think your reply cards are beautiful. I was going to do a simpler reply card but the woman at the invitation store has been around the business for a long time and suggested that I do mine just as yours are worded. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards