Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Favorite Philly BYO?

I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow night, and need to pick a BYO. My favorite/old standby is La Viola, but I know there are others out there. Any recommendations? We'd like to stay downtown/old city/ south street since a few of the girls take SEPTA or PATCO home.
And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket

Re: NWR: Favorite Philly BYO?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    La Fontana - 17th and Spruce.

It's a little further south but Cafe Valention at Moyamensing and Wharton is really good too.
  • Options
    PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used to live in the building next to la viola!!!

Effies is my favorite restaurant in the city hands down... its a small greek restaurant at 12th and pine. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Mercato (gets crowded and doesn't take reservations but the food is great!), Little Fish, Bronzino, or Melagrano. All good. My BParty dinner was at La Fontana...love it there!
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great recommendations! I totally forgot about La Fontana, and haven't tried Effies or any of the others JnP mentioned!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Melagrano its really good!
  • Options
    John&KatJohn&Kat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Across the street from Effies at 11th & pine (and run by the same owners) is a fairly new BYO called Paul. It has a nice quaint atmosphere and AWESOME food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bistro Juliana in Fishtown is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards