Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bridal Party drama

Okay, I need a pick me up! I'm having major MOH drama and it just got me thinking. You girls more then likely have some pretty good "drama" wedding stories, whether they're from your own wedding or someone else. Please tell, I need to feel like I'm not the only one with wedding, bridal party drama, (which, btw, I know I'm not the only one!)

Re: Bridal Party drama

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my bridesmaids didn't come to my bachelorette party because she had Dave Matthew tickets for the day before.  Then she got tickets for a second show the next day. This after she had seen them two weeks earlier.  Oh yeah, and she went six months later for her birthday. 

I'm still kind of bitter about that.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was a BM in my cousin's wedding in 2009.  One of her BM did not show to the shower after responding yes.  The same bridesmaid did not show to the bachelorette party.  Then she did not show up to the rehersal dinner.  To bext part, texted my cousin at 2am the morning of the wedding saying she was sick and wasn't making it to the wedding! Luckily my cousin is easy going and was able to roll with it!!!

September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At my cousins wedding (the one from my sig pic) 2 years ago, half of the bridal party didn't show up for the rehearsal.  But they all showed up for the rehearsal dinner!!!  And not a single one knew what they were doing the day of the wedding.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridal-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:72bc4739-0b84-4480-9833-0e88d77788a5Post:4f3ad3df-f19a-4405-825b-e63d292f7559">Re: Bridal Party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a BM in my cousin's wedding in 2009.  One of her BM did not show to the shower after responding yes.  The same bridesmaid did not show to the bachelorette party.  Then she did not show up to the rehersal dinner.  To bext part, texted my cousin at 2am the morning of the wedding saying she was sick and wasn't making it to the wedding! <strong>Luckily my cousin is easy going and was able to roll with it!!!
    </strong>Posted by dolfin662[/QUOTE]

I am not that easy going and while I'd like to say I'd just say "F her" I'd probably be super upset by it all
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dolfin - if she wasn't admitted to the hospital, she would have been disowned.

My BM didn't come to my bach party (for good reason) but didn't bother to ask me how it went, or offer to send something with my MOH... it was as if it never happened.

While planning the bach party as MOH for a friend, her family (2 sisters, 2 cousins in BP) was b!tching about going out to AC and spending $150.  We ended up changing plans and doing a spa day and those same people got $100 massages for themselves!  I could have killed them.  I was so upset for my friend.

DH's GM showed up to our wedding shower with only 1 hour left, then skipped the bach party, then didn't give us a wedding gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My first wedding was full of drama. Ugh.  My mom's brilliant idea was to ask the girlfriends of all of the groomsmen to be my bridesmaids. Guess who had to go along with her idea because she was paying for the entire thing? Yep. So, I had 4 girls, 3 of them were girlfriends of groomsmen. About 3 weeks before the wedding, bm#3 and gm #3 started fighting and having problems. They took a break, and my mom actually called them to try to get them to reconcile. I'm super embarassed about that one.

This time, you'd best believe my mom isn't involved in any of the planning. And the groomsmen have no idea who any of my bridesmaids are. :)

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    one of the BMs in my MOH wedding was HORRIFIC.  she didnt pitch in for anything and everything was an issue for her. the wedding was 7 months ago and the damn btch no longer even speaks to my MOH. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I currently haven't heard from my BM at all - and she got back into the country about 2 weeks ago...despite me sending quite a few emails/fb messages to see how she's doing, etc. I know she switched phones so I don't have her current # either...
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridal-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:72bc4739-0b84-4480-9833-0e88d77788a5Post:c10e4371-3a79-4f38-9d6a-43a2cdd9e242">Re: Bridal Party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]\My BM didn't come to my bach party (for good reason) <strong>but didn't bother to ask me how it went</strong>, or offer to send something with my MOH... <strong>it was as if it never happened..
    </strong>Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I think this is why I am still so bitter about my my BM didn't come.  If she had called me and said "I'm so sorry, I already had plans..yadda yadda" I think I would have been ok with it.  But she never called me.  Just just<em> texted</em> my MOH says "I have plans.  I can't go".  and then never called me afterwards to see how it went. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridal-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:72bc4739-0b84-4480-9833-0e88d77788a5Post:4f3ad3df-f19a-4405-825b-e63d292f7559">Re: Bridal Party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a BM in my cousin's wedding in 2009.  One of her BM did not show to the shower after responding yes.  The same bridesmaid did not show to the bachelorette party.  Then she did not show up to the rehersal dinner.  To bext part, texted my cousin at 2am the morning of the wedding saying she was sick and wasn't making it to the wedding! Luckily my cousin is easy going and was able to roll with it!!!
    Posted by dolfin662[/QUOTE]

dolfin's cousin's BM FTW!!!

I've been relatively lucky -- all of the weddings I've been in have had good bridal parties. I had one BM who almost didn't get her dress, but that was pretty much to be expected and my MOH was on her about it like white on rice.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI was in a wedding back in 2008 where
    1) the best man didn't want to plan the bach party, so FI ended up doing it
    2) Groomsmen dropped out of the wedding less than a month before, they ended up throwing an anti-wedding party the same night as the wedding and posting it on facebook

that was an interesting one to observe
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridal-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:72bc4739-0b84-4480-9833-0e88d77788a5Post:8242d2ee-33b7-4b17-88ae-096d22b14224">Re: Bridal Party drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]2) Groomsmen dropped out of the wedding less than a month before, they ended up throwing an anti-wedding party the same night as the wedding and posting it on facebook Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE]

Classy!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LadyJ-
    The best part is they picked people to fill the spots, talk about feeling like the 2nd string friends
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards