Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Fonthill

OK, so I am going to look at Fonthill in Doylestown tomorrow. I can not find one negative review......keeping fingers crossed......has anyone been? i'm really excited about this one!!!

Re: Fonthill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's cousin got married there--it was beautiful!  You have cocktail hour on the terrace overlooking the grounds, which is fabulous.  The entrance is dramatic, too, you drive down this long, tree lined lane.  They have an exclusive caterer, I forget the name but the food was good.  It was really a great place for a wedding. 
    The only two negatives I can really mention is the reception is in a tent, and it was pretty warm and humid until the sun went down, so pick your date wisely. 
    Also, from what I remember the bathrooms were kinda far from the tent and there was only a few, so there was a line sometimes.  And I guess if it rained your guests would get wet if you didn't provide umbrellas for going back and forth.  Definitely ask about that. 
    But those are kind of picky things, really, it was a great venue.  I am getting married at Aldie Mansion right down the road, which is pretty similar, I love the  vintage feel of these two venues.  :)
  • Options
    lisabeeslisabees member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful! Thank you so much for the input!! My date is 10/1 so i'm more concerned about rain/cool weather than the humidity......i kinda had heard somehting about hte bathroom situation before but relative to everything else i think its dealable...i do believe they have extra bathrooms you can rent as well but i'm trying to stay within budget, which also btw is probably the only reason that i am not checking out aldie. .... i think it is just a little out of our budget! when is your date?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married 8/21/10.  If you do a Sunday or Friday at Aldie it is cheaper.  I think if you pick the basic package there, it averages out to $130 a head, including the rental fee, which is about average for a lot of places. 
  • Options
    grac1egir1grac1egir1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boyfriend works at the rental company that does the tents for fonthill.  I would imagine you can get heaters if you are worried about it being cold.  Also, the catering is done by memorable affairs, I believe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Doylestown--Fonthill's beautiful, I've always loved it. We thought about it for our wedding, but the tent thing kind of put me off a little, especially since we're getting married in mid-October. I was worried about it being a bit chilly.
  • Options
    laurajhoughlaurajhough member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Fonthill for my wedding too- 10/8/11!! It is gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Booked for 9/18/2011--so excited--perfect, and free from a single trace of tackiness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards