Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Mana

I think I missed your intro.

Tell me about yourself.  
When is your wedding, what do you do, where do you live, what type of wedding are you having, how did you guys meet, where did you go to HS and college?  

Re: Mana

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HEY!  Yea I think I did an intro a few days ago... It's probably lost in the mix.  I love how active this group is

When is your wedding:  We are looking at Oct 2012

What do you do:  haha Math Nerd for the US Army

Where do you live:  I'm currently living in MD but I'm planning my wedding in the Philly area where I grew up.  Easier for 90% of the guests.  There is one place I want to look at down here in MD, but I think I'm in love with the first place I looked at.

What type of wedding are you having: Small wedding maybe 100 guests, fall theme so dark reds oranges, debating on purple as an accent color... more fall leaves themed then pumpkins haha.  The place I love we'd have the ceremony outside under big oak trees in front of a white gazebo, cocktail hour in a restored barn, then reception in this big flowy tent (which we'd use if it does rain).  I love it's all in one place and there's a lot already of details included in the package.

How did you guys meet: On post where he's a SGT in the Army and where I work.  I heard his accent at the gym and asked where he was from.  Turns out he and my dad grew up in the same part of NC (which is why his accent was fimilar to me haha).  I've been visiting there my whole life 2-4 times a year and we end up meeting in MD haha.  He asked me out to dinner and the REST IS HISTORY!

where did you go to HS and college?  HS was Oxford Area HS in Southern Chester County and I went to Bloomsburg for college.

How about you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in London so sometimes I miss things with the time difference.  I not able to be online at work, but I have had off the past 3 days.  

Did you just get engaged?  

My FI has an accent as well, although no one in my family is English.  ;-)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow London!  I'm so glad I can get on here at work, it's been slow and it's a nice time filler!

My whole family has accents, dad is from NC, mom is form WV and mine is a mix of everything!  I get made fun of everywhere I go haha.

FI and I call it "unoffically engaged".  How about engaged without a ring?  I picked one out in July just wanting for FI to offically propose.  There's a big back story, and one of the reasons we want a 2 year engagement.  In a nutshell, he was married 7 years to his HS sweetheart and she left him.  Now she's done just about everything possible to prolong the divorce to be a 2 years process... We've both like the proposal to be after it's finally over with.  I think she finally gave up and the papers are good to go now.  He's signed them and it should be offical in Dec!  YAY!  But untill then I'm just looking at venues and gathering ideas.  Can't wait until I am "offically" engaged and the drama stops.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see.  

I'm a teacher so I don't really have time to be online during the day.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards