Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Videographer

I am going to book a videographer.  Are they any questions I should specifically ask?  I'm pretty sure I"m going with Martin's based on reviews and video's I've seen.  Before I do, I just want to make sure I am doing things the best way possible.
TIA!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Videographer

• jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Martin's is pretty straightforward.  I didn't really have a lot of questions for them because they lay it all out on their website.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked, didn't have any questions for them.
  • edited December 2011
    My main questions to vendors are regarding their backup plan.  Making sure they have extra equipment on site and that they have someone they can call if they can't get to the wedding for some reason. I like to get all of this in writing.  Otherwise, its more about style, compatibility and price for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish Martin's shot in HD, if they did I would've went with them fo sho.
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_videographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:75907ffb-71c3-4a9d-86c0-d65cd148a291Post:c2a40393-c0ec-4349-b534-16ad8c7023f7">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]My main questions to vendors are regarding their backup plan.  Making sure they have extra equipment on site and that they have someone they can call if they can't get to the wedding for some reason. I like to get all of this in writing.  Otherwise, its more about style, compatibility and price for us.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]
    Martins called me the day before my wedding, knowing we were going to get 2 feet of snow (more in Jersey where they are from). They put up the videographer in our hotel to make sure he was there for it all. They go above and beyond to make sure they are there for your wedding, at no cost to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Poof;
    Martins does shoot in HD if you ask... my wedding was in HD.  No extra charge for it either.
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_videographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:75907ffb-71c3-4a9d-86c0-d65cd148a291Post:bc7ba4d1-ea9f-40b9-9a85-f58994e64d3e">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poof; Martins does shoot in HD if you ask... my wedding was in HD.  No extra charge for it either.
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]
    How much do they charge for a Blu-Ray disc? They don't have it listed on their site?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about blu ray discs.. but when they give you the raw footage, it's on a mini dv HD tape, so you could always take it somewhere to transfer it to blu ray if martins doesnt put it on one for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards