Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Sorry I have been MIA...

It's been a loooong week and a half, but I am here now- I promise!

If you all could keep FI's family in your thoughts and prayers, that would be very wonderful.  We got a phone call this past weekend that FI's grandmother (FMIL's mom) is going downhill very rapidly.  She did this a while ago, and the doctors changed her meds which made an improvement, but they don't think it will work this time.  The plan is to go out to see her the second weekend in March and see her (the whole family is coming together). 

It really bites for FI.  He doesn't have much family (both his parents have small families, and haven't kept in contact with extended family).  His paternal grandfather is dead, and his paternal grandmother is in a nursing home for dementia.  We were really hoping that his maternal grandparents would be able to make it out for the wedding, so he would have someone there.  This has hit him really hard- we were expecting his paternal grandmother to leave us a while ago, and his maternal grandmother to make it much longer.  He is really shaken up about this, but doesn't want to show it...I am hoping he opens up to me, because I can tell how devastated he is by all of this.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies. It really means alot to us!

Re: Sorry I have been MIA...

• Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!

I understand how horrible those situations are...my only living grandparent is my Grammy (mom's mom) and ever since my Pop-Pop (her husband) died 3 years ago it has been a slow downhill slope. The Doctors recently told my mom she may be starting to develop demensia, so that was really hard news for us to hear. (I was always very close with my grandparents) and I pray every day that she will be there for my wedding day. It is never fun to watch someone you love slowly slip away.
    I hope that things will get better for you and I'll be hoping and praying for the best for you!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MBR -- I'm so sorry to hear about FI's grandmom. That's got to be so tough on both of you. I'll keep y'all and his family in my prayers!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. Prayers and vibes for you both.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards