Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Lochels vs. Sweet Jazmines

I am cake tasting today at Lochel's and Sweett Jazmine's. Has anyoe used either and if so any reviews, suggestions, etc..?

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lochels vs. Sweet Jazmines

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Jazmine's in Berwyn? I used to work across the street from there & we always got cakes & cupcakes there for office functions. Delicious (esp. anything chocolate) and it always smelled great to walk by.....ok not very helpful advice I guess, but it was yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also have no direct experience except to say that Sweet Jazmine's cupckes are YUMM-O.  She also works very close to where I teach and came in once a few years ago to share with the kids at our school how she started her business/followed her passions in life and has become  successful baker, been featured on the Food Network, etc.  I did not use her for my wedding, but she seems like she'd be great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that Sweet Jazmine's are very good but we went for a tasting there and the woman didn't seem like she wanted to deal with us.  She gave us a plate and a menu card and left us alone to eat.  Half of the flavors we eliminated right away and you couldn't try others unless you bought them.  FI gave her some nice feedback saying you should let the customer pick which flavors they want to try and she bascially said it wasn't cost effective for her.  Then when we finished tasting them she just told us to call in a few months to talk design.  I asked her if we could do that now and she said it was way too early.  Then why set up the tasting in the first place!!?  Oh yeah and when I was trying to set up the appointment I kept getting responses that they didn't have any tastings available for months.
  • Options
    ec0983ec0983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweet jazmines did our cake and it was fabulous.  people are still complementing me on our cake even now, 6 months later.  QT, i'm sorry you had such issues!  they were great for us to work with from start to finish.  they even made the top layer flourless to accommodate my dietary issues.  i highly recommend them!
    trying times are not the times to stop trying. image

• Options
    virgil108virgil108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies. I think we have decided to go with Sweet Jazmines. QT, i kinda felt the same way as you when I called to make the appointment but when we went we met with the owner and she was great. She took a lot of time giving us different options and pricing info. Plus the cakes were delicious!!

Thanks again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I"m glad it worked out for you!  They are delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards