Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Alteration Quoting??

Okay so I want to price around for seamstresses but how do you do that? Can I just call or do I have to go there with my dress, try it on and then say okay well I'm not sure if I want you to work on my dress just yet.

Re: Alteration Quoting??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It totally depends on what you need done, so I don't think you can call and ask for a quote.  Each dress, person, situation varies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah most of them are going to tell you to go in person.  Only places like Davids Bridal publically post set prices for things (and thats because they charge a bizillion dollars).  I would go based on a recommendation of someone else who you know had a good price on the boards, that way you go into it having an idea of your expected cost.  
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do think you can call and get a very vague range though. For example, the lady I called said she rnages anywhere from $45 to $150, so I thought that she was def inexpensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a lady in south jersey who does great work but is really inexpensive... my friend used her and loved her... I can't think of her name but she is popular...if you go to the south jersey board, I am sure someone knows her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_alteration-quoting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7aa2db21-e469-415b-894a-e7aed67fc859Post:970ef099-86f8-4a47-9276-7b7ad03496c2">Re: Alteration Quoting??</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a lady in south jersey who does great work but is really inexpensive... my friend used her and loved her... I can't think of her name but she is popular...if you go to the south jersey board, I am sure someone knows her.
    Posted by samanthas8882[/QUOTE]

Elaine Morgan?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards