• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2010 Weddings

Hairspray & Mascara...

need your recommendations for both....

i only use salon shampoo and conditioner and i don't use any other hair products. the hair spray that the hair dresser used on my trial smelled horrible and made me sneeze like crazy....i met with the wedding coordinator that day and she said there is no way i can allow her to use that hairspray the day of the wedding, i smelled like a bottle of rubbing alcohol. so i need to find something good that i can use and will just take it with me and tell her i am allergic to hers.

i wear maybelline mascara now but it is not water proof (dermatologist told me that makes your eye lashes fall out) i need a good brand that is waterproof for wedding day

Re: Hairspray & Mascara...

• For hairspray, I recommend Nexus comb through.  It's in a gold-ish aerosol can.

For mascara: If you like the one you usually wear, just buy a cheap waterproof to coat it with.  I LOVE my diorshow mascara and it's not waterproof, so I used a coat of cheapy waterproof over it and it totally held.  That way you don't have to give up your favorite or worry about your lashes falling out (which btw, I have never heard of and I used waterproof for years).

Good luck!
    Photobucket

The Benhams: Married May 1st, 2010! Anniversary
  • I use Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara in Waterproof and I love it and I haven't noticed any missing eyelashes. I bought it off of Sephora and for hairspray Frederick Fekkai Sheer Hold is really good and it doesn't stink
    [IMG]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/syeager515/1326165778038.jpg[/IMG]

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • edited May 2010
    I use Maybelline (non-waterproof) mascara too. For the wedding I'm putting on fakies and coating with this:
    http://www.drugstore.com/popups/largerphoto/default.asp?pid=35532&catid=98638&size=300&trx=29888&trxp1=35532&trxp2=1
  • Hairspray: Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder. I can't live without it.

I use Maybelline Great Lash BIG in blackest black waterproof. I used to buy Dior Show mascara and I swear my $4 Maybelline is even better than the $30 Dior.
  • i use this mascara. (click)

it is great, waterproof, doesn't flake, etc. i've also had no problem with lash loss.

i use this hairspray. (click)

it smells amazing and holds very well, and i have finicky, flat hair.
    imageimage
    bio
  • Make Up Forever Smokey Lash is what I use - it's great, just one coat does the trick.  It's not waterproof but it's called weatherproof.  But it still stays on and doesn't smudge. 
    (an LOL with the mascara, I totally drank too much wine at my bridal shower and had a little stomach trouble later in the night.  I am happy to report the mascara stayed on and looked great even after my unfortunate bathroom visit)

I'm sorry I don't have a recommendation on hair spray, I usually don't wear it
  • I don't have a recommendation for hair spray, but the mascara I got for the wedding day was Revlon Lash Fantasy Total Definition.  I used it for a few days leading up to the wedding to be sure that I didn't have a reaction to it.  It worked wonderfully during the tears and it looked great too.  But I have to say that I love my Loreal mascara the best - it's not waterproof, so it just wouldn't do on the big day.
  • I love the herbal essences hairspray, it smells great!  My makeup person suggested Maybelline Lash Stiletto (waterroof) mascara and liner, and I liked it so much I use it all the time now.  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 128*image 82*image 42*image 4*image
  • Mascara - Lancome Definicils (an award winner)

Hairspray - Agree Nexxus is great.  I like Redkin forceful 23 also.
  • In Response to Re: Hairspray & Mascara...:
    [QUOTE]Hairspray: Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder. I can't live without it. Posted by mollyfaye[/QUOTE]

Ditto THis!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards