Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

planning help please! vendors needed!

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married in October and I know I have to start really booking things. I'm starting to become really confused over what is to come next. I already have a reception site, caterer, cake, centerpieces, and photographer. I need a florist, videographer, invitations, and a dj.

Did I forget anything and if you could recommend vendors that would be excellent!

*dress and bridesmaids dresses are in the works! (alfred angelo)

Thanks Ladies - all of you are amazing!

Re: planning help please! vendors needed!

• Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on exactly where you are I can recommend a great videographer - Branded Productions (http://www.brandedvideo.com/) Ed is amazing and very easy to work with. They have several packages and what not so it's rather budget friendly.

As far as DJs I know a lot of gals recommend theirs and most can be viewed on the Philly Blog which BridetoBe and Amerbutt have the link to in their siggys.

Invites - I can recommend Nesting Project which you can find by searching sellers on Etsy.com or at nestingproject.com (I have the link in my planning bio too). B2B has also used them and just sent her invites out today so she can give you a more accurate vendor evaluation of them as mine are still in the early stages.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my invites!  Excited to have them out

I love my videographer, persempre videos, so talented. Check if he is free on your date.

Florist I am using is Petals Lane. I love my mock up center pieces!

I am using DJs available, lots of girls used them.

I have pics of my invites and mock up CPs in my BIO link in siggy.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! What is your venue? Sometimes with florists it's better to find something in that general area.

For videographer, we used Blossom Productions and absolutely cannot say enough good things.

Our DJ and lighting was Synergetic Sounds, and our for our invites we used Paper by Proud. Please check out the link below to my vendor reviews for more details, but I loved really loved our DJ and our invites were exactly what I envisioned. Paper by Proud really seems to specialize in pocket invites, but it's all totally customizable.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm getting married in July so I haven't had my wedding yet. I'm also using Branded Productions for video. I think they do a really nice job at a reasonable price. My DJ is Silversound DJs. Our wedding is on a Sunday, and if you have a Friday or a Sunday wedding they give a great discount. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    again, I have to rec my florist Infinitely Yours in Bensalem.  LOVED her.

Also, I got my invites at WeddingPaperDivas.com.  They have a good variety and I think are fairly priced.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED No Macarena DJ.  I also used Whimsical Welcomes for my flowers and was very pleased.  I didnn't use a videographer, but Per Sempre seems to do good stuff.  My invitation gal is out of business, unfortunately, but I will recommend a former knottie who does beautiful work - Tracy Lopez.  http://www.tracyelizabethdesigns.com/

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Martins Accent Video.. Loved them.. Recap video is in my married bio if you want to take a look. Fairly priced and received my video back within 2 months of being married.

DJ- I used B&B Light and Sound in Reading, PA. Did a great job. Cheap and had the dance floor full all night..

I DIYed my invitations so I cannot help them.

Florist- I used Alfred's Of Philadelphia in Glenolden, PA. Great work
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!

I will be sure to check those vendors out and view your bios. My reception is the Philadelphia Quartett Country Club. The location of our ceremony is undecided, either a church or down at the water works behind the Art Museum. Everything is starting to become a bit overwheleming for me. I just started dress shopping over the weekend and it made it worse :(
  • Options
    Laur+B12Laur+B12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! I just registered for the VIP Venue Showcase that is happening on Feb. 19th at the Citizens Bank Park! I'm really excited to go!!  There are suppose to be many different locations to check out for our reception- it'll even be fun for my fiance since the World Series trophy will be on display!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thanks! I will register too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards