Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Burning Question #2

• Options
    edited December 2011
    puppies and rainbows. :)

actually not on this board but on my moth board, some of them are so young and got engaged so fast. So that board I would say yes, I doubt some of them, and a few of the girls actually did not even make it to the wedding yet and broke up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, but obviously I can't judge compatability... it's mostly because of maturity/experience issues that are discussed on the board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P&R
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't wonder about anyone on this board.. but my monthly board?  I check in every once in a while to see if some people are announcing their divorce yet.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    everyone on here seems pretty good but sometimes I hear about people who are so young and I think wow I wasn't ready at that age- but that was ME and everyone's different. a very PC answer but that's how I try to look at things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know of at least one girl on my monthly board that called of her wedding.  I think there might have been another one too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My month board for sure!
    There is a girl who is 24, was married in May 2008, divorced 2009, starting dating her FI right around divorce time, engaged 2010, married again May 2011.  

the other day she was talking about how during a fight he told her to give the ring back.

Mess.  

I have to stick around that board.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say no shame in calling it off- I said in a previous post I was engaged before I met FI.

That would have been a MAJOR DIVORCE. And it would have been ugly too. At the age of 26. Ugh.  It takes alot of strength to realize a mistake before (or after) you make it to correct it. I am so happy I did; I met FI 7 months later :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My month board had quite a few called off before the weddings. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Puppies and rainbows! I don't know any of you ladies well enough to make that assumption. I feel like from discussions everyone seems like they are in healthy happy relationships.

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone seems to be happy- genuinely happy, not that 'zomg, seem happy so everyone doesn't see me cry' type happy. I think that's why I love logging on here every day. It's not a bunch of depressed people... nor is it overly excited can't talk about anything but wedding people. I love it.

My month board is a little odd... no one has split, and they're all hitting that excited stage, but there's very rarely anything but wedding. No matter what I try.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this area promotes education, working, independence, etc.  I think its common to see more forced relationships/marraiges on the month boards because they are all over and expectations and timelines for marriage are different.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7ca8b18f-17dc-48bb-a5ec-9eee512014b8Post:62f7dda5-8402-451e-a67a-525d13d506d9">Re: Burning Question #2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, but obviously I can't judge compatability... it's mostly because of maturity/experience issues that are discussed on the board.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This exactly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It doesnt seem like anyone on this board is shaky... but anyone can fib about how WONDERFUL their engagement/marriage is. I must say though... within the last year, I know of 3 couples that were married or engaged who either called off the wedding or just got a divorce.... AND all three of them I would of never seen it coming. Happy, in love, not young/immature....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards