Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Youuuuuu Whoooooo, Lurkers.....

Please introduce yourself!  I noticed 3 new people in one post!  I know you're out there....

Re: Youuuuuu Whoooooo, Lurkers.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_youuuuuu-whoooooo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7ff08ea9-9403-4b1e-b1dd-b2a0e17f79b2Post:561527f6-ae66-43ab-89c2-2ed2728d3b12">Youuuuuu Whoooooo, Lurkers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please introduce yourself!  I noticed 3 new people in one post!  I know you're out there....
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE] haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH, you're the queen of call-outs! And i like it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read a post this morning with three new people (which isn't a bad thing) and was like, who what who? LOL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_youuuuuu-whoooooo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7ff08ea9-9403-4b1e-b1dd-b2a0e17f79b2Post:f4035bb0-ea26-496d-848f-5ea6a802f065">Re: Youuuuuu Whoooooo, Lurkers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read a post this morning with three new people (which isn't a bad thing) and was like, who what who? LOL
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I find myself doing the same, which is why I appreciate the introductions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wish this was more successful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL  Maybe night time lurkers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think i introduced myself? incase i didnt, my fiance and i got engaged on the last night of hannukah 2 weeks ago. he barged through the door and swooped down onto one knee and asked me to marry him all in a matter of seconds. we have a soft hold at the le meridien in downtown philly for oct 15. i think that is it! :) i appreciate all of your help as i am not organized and all of this planning can give me a headache :):)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wait for the next 2 weeks to pass. There will be a ton of newbies and lurkers with christmas and NYE engagements.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_youuuuuu-whoooooo-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7ff08ea9-9403-4b1e-b1dd-b2a0e17f79b2Post:8852b5a2-e1f2-4b3e-b65f-4628f36f2d99">Re: Youuuuuu Whoooooo, Lurkers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think i introduced myself? incase i didnt, my fiance and i got engaged on the last night of hannukah 2 weeks ago. he barged through the door and swooped down onto one knee and asked me to marry him all in a matter of seconds. we have a soft hold at the le meridien in downtown philly for oct 15. i think that is it! :) i appreciate all of your help as i am not organized and all of this planning can give me a headache :) :)
    Posted by rluber[/QUOTE]

HI! Welcome!

and yes JIY there will be lots of new people in the beginning of the year. I can't wait to hear more engagement stories. They are my fav.
  • Options
    AnneN2011AnneN2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies
    I suppose I have been a lurker for a while. I got engaged in October and am getting married in June. Everything is moving super fast but I think we have most of the big stuff done. I live in Upstate NY and am getting married in Philly so it's been tough doing everything from afar. Luckily my mom is local and has been a huge help.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Anne! Tell us about your wedding! :)  Where is the venue? etc...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at Rodeph Shalom and the Reception is at the Sofitel. Our colors are Navy, Yellow and Silver. We are doing a Vintage/Modern theme. I love vintage and my guy love super contemporary we are trying to "marry" those 2 styles. He has been so much more involved in the whole planning process. He just made a spreadsheet of all the music we want the band to play and when. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very nice!!! When is it, did you say? Sorry it is later in the day and I am tired. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 5th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anne--I LOVE that color choice!!  A friend of mine did navy and orange, and I never would have thought to put those two colors together... but navy and fall-like colors looks BEAUTIFUL. 

Welcome to the boards.  I'm excited to see updates from you... vintage + contemporary is right up my alley.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you are not considering me a new lurker. I am an old lurker..
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope no one is considering me a lurker,

while my story is long, some of the older knotties here may know me

I was on here in 09 and welp Im back ladies
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, and welcome!
  • Options
    bvanostenbvanosten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't posted before but I've been benefiting off of everyone's posts.  I got engaged in October. 

Engagement Story:
    I knew he had bought the ring but was waiting for it to be ready- because he can't keep a secret at all and told me one night.  I thought we were going to get engaged two weeks later because we had a camping trip for just the two of us scheduled and he was adamant that we keep the date (we often schedule camping but it never happens).  We were out one night with friends and I saw him taking everyone aside, one by one, and I assumed he was telling them the plan.  So, since I can't keep a secret either, I told him I knew he was planning it for when we went camping and that he needed a new plan if he wanted to surprise me.  I came home two days later and the house was spotless, and he was in the basement, in a suit, with our song playing, and a million Christmas lights and he asked me to marry him.

Wedding plans:
    We are having our wedding at Belle Voir Manor in August.  We are going to book a photographer and dj in January.  We are going to our first bridal show to make sure we aren't missing anything but we've gotten some recommentations from friends too.  The bridesmaids/men are wearing royal blue.  I haven't figured out what color to compliment it with yet but thinking something along the lines of fuschia or purple.  Fiance wants orange or yellow so we are completely up in the air with that.

Anyway, that's our wedding in a nutshell.  I hope that we can lock down the other venndors in January and then just focus on the fun stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an old lurker. I've been engaed for nearly two years (WOW!) and we have had to postpone our wedding until April 2012. I started lurking shortly after my engagement and was turned off by the way that a lot of the knotties acted toward eac hother. Very nasty! Now I am back, thankfully with a better batch of brides.

FI and I have been together since high school and we got engaged on the pier in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Our wedding is scheduled for April 13th, 2012. I work as a fourth grade teacher in the Philadelphia school district and live in Bensalem.

Look forward to getting to know everyone better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards