Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

alcohol for reception

We will be supplying our own alcohol for the reception, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to go.  I've heard it's cheaper in Jersey - is this true?  We might end up just going to the local WIne & Spirits shop -- does anyone know if they allow returns of unused bottles?  Also, did you order your alcohol ahead of time, or just go and pick stuff out? and do they sell wine by the case? My caterer supplied us with a list of what to get, so at least that's a start!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: alcohol for reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do you live?  You can go to Total Wine on Naaman's Rd in DE.  Its much cheaper, especially for wine.  Technically, its illegal to buy in DE and cross the border back into PA, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Options
    RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in Mt. Airy, so that might be a little far for us (Jersey would be closer).  But I'll keep that in mind if we decide to break the law ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you will be breaking law coming from jersey too ;)

there are joe canals all over jersey though. I would just ask them what their return policy is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Nicole, try a Canals store.  NJ is a little cheaper, but you're not going to see a huge difference in pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Come to the Canals in Mt. Ephraim NJ.  I can find the name of the girl who helped FSIL.  Apparently she was really knowledgable about everything and really helped them get exactly what they needed.  They will also let you return any unopened bottles.  PM me if you want her name and #
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told by my caterer that some of the delaware liquor stores will deliver your order to you in philly (the day of/night before)- you don't have to worry about transporting it, and it's a lot cheaper - plus no taxes!.  I'm sorry I don't have specifics, but call around to some places :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards