Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

**Dibsontop - Amanda Knox Movie

I figured I just start a new thread in case anyone else wants to join in on the dicussion. I think the movie made her seem guilty but the show "Beyond the Headlines" made her seem innocent.

There was a retired FBI agent whose wife made him look into it further just to prove his wife wrong (wife thought she was innocent, agent thought she was guilty) as he looked further into it he concluded that both Amanda and Rafaella had nothing to do with the case.

Some of his comments were that the knife didn't fit the physically wound on Meredith's neck. The DNA sample that they got was so low that it should've have been admissible. The DNA could only be tested once which means during that testing it could have been contaminated... numerous things could have happened. It also isn't conclusive because it was so low you're basically saying we have DNA of a female who has blue eyes and brown hair which could be anyone. Having a higher amount of DNA allows you to pin point it to an individual.

The agent also said that there was no way that Amanda and Raefella could have selectively cleaned up their mess. (no DNA was found of theirs in the room except for Rudy, the 3rd guy). Also Raefella's DNA was on Meredith's bra clasp was really low and they didn't collect until 6 weeks later.

I also think that just because their behavior wasn't "normal" (aka they weren't mourning) doesn't mean they are guilty. People react differently to situations.

I don't know if she's guilty or innocent, I just don't think she got a fair trial. Those were my 2 cents

Re: **Dibsontop - Amanda Knox Movie

• Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really wanted to watch the other show last night but just couldn't stay awake long enough.  I'll have to catch it when they replay it.

I have been following this story for so long.  There is definitely some compelling evidence supporting her innocence.  But for me, it comes down to the fact that her own account of what happened that night just doesn't make sense.  I don't understand how your story can change so many times.  And she's contradicted herself so many times.  But then again, I've never been accused of murder, so who knows what happens to your mind when you're under that kind of stress.

There were definitely a lot of false situations portrayed in the Lifetime movie though.  And I've read that all of the families involved are very angry with Lifetime for even airing it.

• Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well I've watched an Oprah segment one time on false confessions and I've learned about it in school (I studied forensic sciences) and confessions are so unreliable! It's like a lie detector test. Evidence like that shouldn't be admitted into court because it hardly means anything. Just because some confessed doesn't mean they do it. After you've been in a room for 12+ hours getting interrogated and people screaming at you saying "...and then you got the knife and killed her didn't you?" or saying "well we have evidence that your blood is there..." your mind starts making things up and you question yourself. You start asking yourself, "well maybe I did do it?"

The three people Oprah interviewed said the same thing. Your mind just starts making up the stuff that the police tell you and then you start to imagine yourself being there and doing it. And you're so frustrated, confused, exhausted, and overwhelmed that eventually you break and admit to something you didn't do because you think you did it/ you want to leave.
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's just so crazy!  I can't even imagine being in that position.  But I've heard about that happening before (I watch a lot of Dateline-type shows, lol).

I'll definitely agree with you about her not getting a fair trial.  I won't be surprised if during this appeal (or a later appeal) that the ruling gets overturned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards