• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2010 Weddings

sry 4 the miss-understanding

2»

Re: sry 4 the miss-understanding

• knibs-haha...i think thats the part that made me think of that and was just waiting for her to say "We'z in luv"
    image Anniversary
  • Lorianne, I thought you tried that!! Adding another 'r'.. oooops! ;)  We all have typos sometimes, that's okay. But HERS is more than typos! I too, wanna TP someone when I read her posts. If I didn't go into my career choice, I woulda [see here, I do type slang sometimes] been english all the way. I took eng and lit courses purely for fun all the way through my 4 years (I started college with 16 cr.hrs. so I had some extra space for 'fun' classes). I even took "English Grammar" for fun, and the ENGLISH majors were going crazy in that class!! Some of them would come to me for help. :) I never once studied in that class! Grammar is soooo freakin fun!
  • Oh I miss being a teenager, thinking I knew everything already...those were the days...and how does a 15 year old buy an engagement ring?
  • I am going to be highly pissed if this gets DD.As a lot of these ladies have already stated and I'll state it again, at 17 you're still trying to figure out who you are. Don't sit there and say that you already know who you are, because that is a bold faced lie. I promise you'll look back 5 years from now and you won't be the same person that you are now. I have a friend who got married at 18, had a baby at 20, divorced at 21, and is getting remarried at 22 (actually she's getting married June 26 of next year, but I digress). She tells me all the time that the only good thing that came out of her marriage was her son. She'll admit that she's changed a whole lot from when she was first married to now. It's great that you're taking colleges courses, but finish and get your degree before you get married. Yes some of the girls on here are still in college, but they will have graduated by the time their weddings come. They aren't going to be in your situation, juggling college courses and married life. You never know what the future holds. What if your FI gets hurt on the job and is out for several months or even a year. What are you going to do? Are you going to have to quit your classes in order to make sure your bills are paid, that the rent is on time, that your cabinets are full of food? Hell, it's hard getting a job with a Bachelor's degree now. Think how tough it'll be if you just have an Associate's Degree from a technical or community college. And I know you're probably wondering what gives me and the ladies on here the authority to talk like this, but we have to make sure bills are paid on time (because if they're late by a certain number of days, it can be reported to credit bureaus which will then cause your credit score. And the last thing you need in today's economy is to have an awful credit score), make sure that rent/mortgage is taken care of for the month, make sure there's food in our cabinets, make sure we have reliable sources of transportation, some of us have kids we have to worry about. And we do this without the help of our parents. I'm willing to bet that some of us have been doing this for a while now! Are you able to provide for your own insurance, once you're married? I'll use myself as an example for this one. In the state of NC, I can still be claimed on my mother's insurance plan if I am a full time college student under the age of 25 and not married. If I were a full time student, but I went off and got hitched, guess what, I'm kissing my mom's damn good health insurance goodbye and probably stuck with a crummy health care package or no medical coverage whatsoever and having to go to the emergency room for life or death situations. It's stuff like this that you probably aren't prepared for and that needs to be told to you. I'm not going to sit here and blow smoke up your a$$ and say "It's okay to get married at that young of an age". There's things that I don't think you're prepared for and you and your FI need to sit down and seriously talk about it. No matter how much you love each other, love isn't going heal you if you get swine flu! It might be tough to swallow, but I'm just being honest. And another thing. There's this thing called a dictionary or even for your online convenience dictionary.com. I'll just leave it at that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • This is a stupid question I know, but Im new here... What do TP & DD mean? Thank you to anyone who is willing to reply. & I've got to tell you, I'm really paranoid about my spelling & punctuation use now.
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/de2dk.jpg[/IMG]
  • Wait, high schools in KY allow their students to post on The Knot during class?  How is this possible?  Even if it's from a cell phone, STOP PLAYING ON THE INTERNET DURING CLASS.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • I agree with the majority of the girls. They are right you dont know what you want or who you are at 17. I too, wanted to marry every guy I fell in love with. I have to say you are too young. People your age that get married, or let alone have a child do not work out for the better. If they do, it is because they are making it work for the child. Guarantee they are not happy being together! I was also told that I was a big person in a small person body, look at my past and you will know why. With all the mistakes I made and have learned from I would say that I was not that person, that my mother said I was. Please, with who I was..I would not have been engaged at 15, married at 18, divorced by 20. If you go through with it, wait on a family. Wait to get married till your out of college. Knib: Agree with you and thanks for making me laugh. Being judge but the truth is the truth..you cant handle it dont get married
  • Maine- DD= Dirty Delete. This is probably a cardinal sin here on TK. Basically what happened with the "from sept to june" post of Feb's was a DD. She deleted it after people had taken the time out to post on the thread. TP= Throat punch. TP is something that's usually used here on our board. If somebody does something stupid or does something that pisses you off, you might find yourself wanting to TP that person. Hope I could clear up some confusion.
  • Late on this one too, glad it didn't get DD. I am with the boy I was with at 15 but we are 21 and will be 22. We support ourselves, went to college, and have been through hard times together. Not saying that you hadn't. When I was 15 my dad died and FI was there for me. Hard yes, but hardest thing no. Just be honest with yourself can you support yourselves and be happy working at the Dollar Store and Apple or what ever you said...
  • You know all this mentioning of LOLcats is quite insulting... to the cats!!! You know they've got to be smarter than Miss Second Month of the Year, here.
  • She spelled things wrong? I didnt notice that So dont judge me, i feels also

• P.S. Hippie - Love your LOLcat! (A little edumakation never hurted anyone!)
  • I know I'm way late on this topic but all I have to say is WOW. Maybe she should learn how to spell before she gets married. If there is one thing I can't stand it's ignorant people.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't understand how people can get married at 18. Marriage was the last thing I was thinking about at 18! And getting engaged at 15...WOW!Everyone else pretty much said everything I wanted to already. My cousin got married at 19 and has been married for 7 years and has two kids, so it works for some people. I can't really judge you because everyone's situation is different, but yes, I do think you're too young, and I don't think it works for most people who get married that young.
  • no I'm not prego i'm just in loveOh Hell.  How did no one notice that she is NOT a pasta sauce?  This is really starting to worry me.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • hahahahahahaha knibs. hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahaha
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    image image
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • All I can say is WOW!  I remember thinking that the guy I was dating when I was 15 was the one for me.  I was wrong, that is for sure. I just hope you know what you are doing.  I am getting my Masters in Special Education and there is no way I am going into the field for the money.  Nursing will get you a nursing job, not an educational job, so please if that is what you have your heart set on, get into an early childhood program. Good luck...
    "Gone to Carolina in my mind..." image
  • oh knibs... u iz so silly
    image Anniversary
  • Did Miss Understanding win the Miss Universe Pageant? I LOVE IT!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards