Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Things that piss me off...

I hate when TV and movies are wrong.

For example I am watching Cold Case- in the episode someone picked up an envelope and said "How does she know someone on the Main Line?"
The thing is the address was Philadelphia, PA 19106.  Which is not the Main Line.  

I saw Social Network in the first scene when they are showing off how smart they are they mention Teddy Roosevelt being elected President.  However he was elected, he was Veep and the pres. was shot.  Just saying 1600!  

What do you have?

Re: Things that piss me off...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Drama Queens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When people expect you to open/hold a door for them (and I don't mean the person right behind you), especially when they are double doors.  I'm not a dude, and it's not 1940, use your arms.

When people talk about the food you are eating, or are about to eat.  "Mmmm that smells good", "What do you have/what is that?" etc.  It just irks me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI wont watch Cold Case because so many things are not accurate.

We had pre-cana last night. The couple behind us did not shut up the whole class. I hate hate hate when people talk during any type of presentation. I understand it can be frustrating to sit 2 hours listening to stuff you may already know but you decided to get married in the Catholic church, you knew this is part of the deal! So shut your mouth and listen to lady talking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate hate hate the people of East London and their inability to use the tube.  They try to get one before people have gotten off OR they leave a narrow space so people can only get off one at a time then get pissy that it's taking so long.  

I hate when people don't hold the door for people with strollers or help people with strollers on/ off the tube or on the stairs.  Lots of stairs in London.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    spin off of Hilary - When you do hold the door for the person two steps behind you to grab it and they don't say TY.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

or when people crowd the front of the elevator. How do you to expect me to get off if you are standing in the way!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_things-piss-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:866b878f-a326-40f8-a397-327eb95a1f3fPost:c255a7b8-4489-4dea-af1a-439c33a287bc">Re: Things that piss me off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]spin off of Hilary - When you do hold the door for the person two steps behind you to grab it and they don't say TY.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

<div>Or they duck under your arm.  WTF is that move?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ungrateful people
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    people who don't use turn signals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_things-piss-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:866b878f-a326-40f8-a397-327eb95a1f3fPost:0804d7f3-257b-455e-997d-7d97f2a32d60">Re: Things that piss me off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things that piss me off... : Or they duck under your arm.  WTF is that move?
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

the chance of walking under a smell pit isn't worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_things-piss-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:866b878f-a326-40f8-a397-327eb95a1f3fPost:32772551-da90-489f-aba3-5154ee25ecbb">Re: Things that piss me off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]people who don't use turn signals.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

This statement x1000

When people look at 20-somethings like we're kids/inexperienced/unknowledgeable.  I'm 28, pretty sure I've been a professional working adult for a while now.

Parents that enable their unmotivated child(ren).

Politics and the excessive BS that comes with campaigning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People who overshare on everything who then expect you to do the same, and pick and prod for more information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have enough time to tell you what pisses me off. LOL

I hate when people are arrogant. This includes my FI when he is like 'im a genious' um STFU and prove it, arrogant ass.

I hate when people don't hold doors either or I hate when I hold it and they don't say TY.

I hate when people don't pay attention to their children when out and I have to pay attention to them for the parent.  I was at the pool with A once this summer and the parents were not paying attention to the kid and he like went under water and I got him out, and they didn't say ANYTHING.. um how about thanks for not letting my kid drown!

I hate when people let their kid scream in a store or run around in a store.

I hate when people stare at you... take a picture it lasts longer.

I could go on and on.... :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pisses me off when I have friends and I feel like I am trying harder in the friendship than they are. I HATE THAT. Don't be my friend if you don't want to give more to it.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok I could probably ditto all of these. Esp. historical inaccuracies, turn signals, and like B2B mentioned above people who don't give back in friendships - it's a type of relationship for a reason.

Vocabulary - for ex. Ignorant v. Arrogant. If you're going to try and insult me by calling my "iggnant" which a) isn't even a word when you say it that way and b) makes you look even more ignorant than you are and finally c) proves that I was not being arrogant towards you, I was merely telling the truth - that you are in fact a complete idiot.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Delaware people (sorry MBR!).  I just want to shake most of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My male coworker who is the biggest wuss b!tch I've ever met.  And they say women are complainers... he complains and whines more than any woman I've ever met.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, it's okay Hil.  We want to shake most Jersey people (sorry!).  I love ya anyways.

Okay, I have several.  Most correspond with what has been said here, but a couple disagree.

I can't stand not using a turn signal.  In addition to this, I can't stand people who don't turn their head lights on while using their wipers/in a blinding rain storm.  I do not have xray vision, and cannot see you when it's pouring out- turn on your damnn lights so I don't hit you!

I cannot stand people who don't hold the door for people in wheelchairs or even those with a cane.  Having been that person in the wheelchair and with a cane, trust me, we judge you BIG TIME.

On that note, people who park in handicapped spaces with no sticker.  If you have a sticker, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt- I don't look sick, but am, and maybe you are the same way.  But if you are running full steam into the store, I will be pissed and most likely report you.

Stores that don't have enough handicapped spaces.

People who use the R word. 

The one that I don't agree with- the comment B2B said, about people letting their kids scream and run around in the store.  Do I like it?  No.  But I give them the benefit of the doubt, since I worked with kids with Autism and have been with them when they throw tantrums.  They can't help it, and neither can I.  Instead of judging/staring, come ask if I need any help.

Though, the one thing that contradicts this are kids who scream in the grocery store for the snack or junk food right then and there, even if the parent has not paid for it, and the parent gives it to them.  If I acted like that in a store, I would be punished, not rewarded.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MBR- These people blatantly IGNORE the kid. And I can tell if the kid has autism or not too. These are just crazy kids that are allowed to act like animals. Here's a thought, don't bring your kid out if they are going to act like that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see what you mean, and I get it, because I used to judge too.  But not every kid who has Autism (or another disorder) can be spotted.  Do I think the parent or person should try to control or work with the kid?  Absolutely- so I guess we agree there.  Ignoring them, either way, is wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

ditto not turning lights on when it rains. sorry I have a car and not a truck, not back wiper I need lights to know you are coming!

people who run red lights. I almost got smoked on the way to the bank at lunch.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MH - funny you said that because I was going to write the same thing!  The other day I got Chipotle for lunch (which I NEVER do) and there was a lunch-room full of people and a coworker called me out... "Do you know how BAD that is for you?!"   Ummmm yes A-HOLE I do and I do not give a sh*t as I sit here and scarf down my thousand calorie lunch, thank you very much!  Mind your own business!  The next day someone asked what I was eating... ummm pretzels.  Why do you care?!  Annoying.  It bothers me sooo much too.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the dbag who double parks his SUV in our aparment complex.  Dude, your car isn't that nice, and it causes me to have to park at the next building over-- something I don't appriciate when I come after midnight.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally ditto all of them. As for the blinker? This one dude cut me off w/o a blinker one day and pulled in to the Wawa right in front of me. I pulled up to the gas pump next to him, looked over as I was walking in and told him, 'Hey, I really like your car!' When he thanked me, I said, 'Too bad the turn signals were optional on it!'. Ha! He was speachless.

Sorry MBR-MOST Delaware drivers drive me up a wall. So do Maryland drivers. People who drive slow in the passing lane. People who drive 10 mph under the speed limit when it rains. People who tail 18 wheelers. DD's father drives trucks and explained that when a truck is coming from a complete stop, it has at least 10 gears to shift through to get to 35mph. I have so much more respect for truck drivers now. I used to be the tailgater.

Customers who call the store numerous times about the same stinkin' thing, and ask the same question 3 different ways. The answer is still no. No matter how you word it, it's still no! And no, I will not do your shopping for you. I don't get paid nearly enough.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_things-piss-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:866b878f-a326-40f8-a397-327eb95a1f3fPost:ca4df277-48fe-45fe-bb3f-85ec754aa756">Re: Things that piss me off...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Parents that enable their unmotivated child(ren).
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This is huge on my list!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, have to add this one...people who talk with their mouth full of food.  I don't get how they think anyone wants to hear the nastiness.  Isn't that a basic thing you learn as a child?

I also can't stand parents who spoil their kids rotten because they have no backbone to say no and mean no. 

Finally, I will contribute to the driving topic...I cannot stand aggressive drivers, drivers who do not use blinkers, tailgaters, people who ride their brake down a hill, people who don't take turns with letting cars go at a yield sign, people who don't move over when you are trying to merge on a highway....ugh I could go on and on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards