Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Today is National Cheese Lovers Day

I"m bored and pissy so I want to know...............

What's your favorite cheese?  GO!
Photobucket

Re: Today is National Cheese Lovers Day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Brie, especially baked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cara stole my answer.

I love baked brie with raspberry jam.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dubliner. YUM.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like pepperjack cheese the best.  Anything with the word pepper in it is my favorite.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

All cheese!

DH says my if I could live off of cheese and bread I would! haha

If I haddd to choose I would go with mozzarella.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does blue cheese count?  Holy mother I love blue cheese on crackers.  With a nice glass of Cabernet.

hmm.. guess what I am noshing on when I get home.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goat Cheese, I've betrayed you.  I love goat cheese. They have some kinds out there that come in a tube with cranberries and things.  Delicious on crackers.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently just got into cheese. I was severely lactose intolerant growing up, and now I can handle it better.

I love applewood smoked cheddar. But Brie def. became my new favorite. FI's aunt served some at her New Years party with some apricot jam. DELISH!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone ever had bread cheese?  You cut it up and then put it into the microwave.  It's good, but terrible for you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara- have you ever been to Theresa's Next Door in Wayne? 
    OMFG the cheese tray.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be really boring and say American and Mozzarella because I like the saltiness it adds.  I'm not a big cheese eater though.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love goat cheese on a salad but I never buy it.  That's just a special treat when I'm in a restaurant. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacy, if you ever go to Jones, they are pretty generous with goat cheese when you order with the market salad (no extra charge!).

Amer- I have not... I need to explore Wayne more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok.. then we are scratch Plaza Azteca and going to Theresa's when we finally do our double date ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Extra-super-dooper sharp white cheddar! Like, the kind that falls apart when you cut it! Yum!!!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where's Jones??

Carlinos puts it on their Greek salad.  I'll get that every once in a while to keep me while at ballet.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda boring- I love fresh mozzerella- esp. on home made pizza... or in grilled cheese sandwiches. mmm. And I like Montery Jack too. Those are the two cheeses I use in my mac & cheese when I make it.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jones is at 7th and Chestnut -- it's a Steven Starr and I would describe it as upscale comfort food (and IMO one of his less expensive restaurants). The dining area kind of reminds me of a chic Brady Bunch living room, complete with shag rugs!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheddar! and Mozzarella

I love eating the cracker barrel cheddar cheese with crackers

My sister sent me a link annoucning National Cheese Lovers Day bc she's had the nickname cheese for me since I was like 12. haha

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_today-national-cheese-lovers-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:8752bc8f-eb72-420b-b092-56e76aaab5aaPost:5c3d79d5-4967-4c09-9c97-202bb7d1ea88">Re: Today is National Cheese Lovers Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jones is at 7th and Chestnut -- it's a Steven Starr and I would describe it as upscale comfort food (and IMO one of his less expensive restaurants). The dining area kind of reminds me of a chic Brady Bunch living room, complete with shag rugs!
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

Ha, the only thing I know at 7th and Chestnut is Las Vegas Lounge.
     I haven't been to a steven starr since our first real date/my 21st birthday at Alma de Cuba almost 8 years ago.  I gotta get out more.  Maybe I can talk DH into dinner and a movie on Saturday.  What are the portion sizes like?  That's pretty much the reason I stopped going to these restaurants.  Alma de Cuba wasn't that bad but I went to Tangerine once and left there starving.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    >>My sister sent me a link annoucning National Cheese Lovers Day bc she's had the nickname cheese for me since I was like 12. haha<<

Oh yeah!  Cheeeeeese.  Didn't we lock you in a dumpster one time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWKBI6eYfc
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacy -- the portion sizes are huge there, very very American!  I usually end up taking half home for the next day.

And I'm hijacking the Cheese thread to talk about Chocolate -- one of the desserts is Duncan Hines Chocolate Layer Cake with a glass of cold milk. I think they serve you 1/4 or 1/5 of the cake, and the milk is sooooo good with it (I'm not a big milk drinker, I prefer to get my calcium through cheese consumption).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I love cheese, Jones, and Theresa's (WHO TOOK  YOU THERE, AMER?  Let's give credit where it's due ;) )

I love gorgonzola when it's on a salad. 

My favorite, however, is crazy, crazy sharp cheddar.  You chese lovers have not lived until you have been to the Cabot factory in Vermont and tasted all their crazy aged cheddars.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lady, I'll definitely have to go there.

I think one of my favorite "dates" me and DH ever went to was a couple of years ago for his bday, I took him to Claudio's for a beer and cheese tasting.  Victory Brewing Co. was there.  It was amazing to learn what cheeses pair with different beers.  I would have never thought about it.  It was good and I'm not much of a cheese person.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG now someone has to mention Victory in this thread?  Just reading this is turning me into a fatty.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, sorry ;)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards