Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

A Game of Thrones

Anybody watch it last night?  I can't remember who... but I know I'm not the only one reading the books.

I thought it was incredible. 
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: A Game of Thrones

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I never read the books but my DH is OBSESSED and I mean OBSESSED! (His groom cake was the Stark Shield... Ha Ha) we went to a friends house and watched it. I liked it surprisingly.. I could of done with alittle less sex and the "creepy" bleach blonde bro/sister action... as well as the Queen & her bro... as well as the 10 yr getting pushed our a window.. ha ha.. Other than that I thought it was interesting..
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw the previews for it and thought about watching it... it's HBO right?  I might see if it's On Demand.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes, it's HBO.

HWH--That was one of the things when I was reading the books that I had to accept. In this world, it is common for brother/sister action, in order to keep bloodlines "pure," especially in the Lannister & Targaryen families.  Which is creepy. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE these books! I don't get HBO, but was really excited to see they were being made into a show! I hope this means the author will finally have to get his butt in gear and finish the series. I'm interested to see how the show turns out - lots of people (including main characters) die in the books, which is very different from how shows usually work...
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the first episode was pretty accurate to the books.  They skipped a bit of the exposition with Viserys and Daenrys, but other than that... everything is happening the way its supposed to. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked Amazon and it looks like the next book is coming out July 12! FINALLY! Thank you, HBO
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bean- July 12th makes my DH very happy as we leave the 13th for a trek to the Outer Banks, he thinks I will be driving the entire trip so he can read....
  • Options
    feinicstinefeinicstine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read the books and loved them and honestly, the show kind of let me down.  I know all the brother/sister action and the brothel action and the general raunchiness was a huge theme in the books, but I felt like HBO spent an unnecessary amount of time on it.  My hope is that now that Jamie and Cersei's relationship has been exposed to the viewers who didn't read the books, we're going to be able to move on.  And yeah, Daenyrs (can't spell her name) needed to marry Drogo before she could get all hardcore.  So for the characters for whom sex is an important character development point, I feel like they've sufficiently gotten it out of the way.  Lingering on it any more is just kind of HBO going "we're pay to view so we can DO this!  HAH!"

Also, I want more Jon Snow!  Love him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards