Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Help! Wedding Dress Shop Suggestions...

Good morning!
Any recommendations on good (not outrageously priced) places to find wedding gowns in the Philadelphia/Main Line region?  I've checked out the websites of The Wedding Shoppe in Wayne, La Bella Moda in Conshohocken, and Van Cleeve in Paoli but don't know where to start.  I haven't even tried on a dress and I'm overwhelmed.  Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!!

Re: Help! Wedding Dress Shop Suggestions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The ones you found are good places to start.  I shopped at La Bella Moda and Wedding Shoppe.  Get a budget in mind and let them know that up front, then start trying them on! You'll get a better sense of what you're looking for once you start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to The Wedding Shoppe and Van Cleve Pavilion. They are only about 10 minutes apart, so you can do both pretty quickly. They also carry totally different lines/gowns, so you can get a good variety between the two. I had a great experience at both places and ended up getting my dress from The Wedding Shoppe. Like Cara said, just make sure you state your budget upfront.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also Lizelle's in Havertown -- they have a good selection of dresses around or under $2000 (not sure what your budget is), and they're right off of the Main Line.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    missejaynemissejayne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive out the BURBS... i went to a place in Pottstown.. small lil shop cheap and all the brides alterations for free!!! <3 the lady that owns it
  • Options
    Nean324Nean324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Priscilla of Boston in Ardmore.  Their gowns in the Vineyard and Jewel collections are affordably priced.  Check out their website.
    "I don't need another kind of green to know I'm on the right side with you" John Mayer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Sabrina Ann--bridal consignment shop--on the Main Line.  It's a bit in the burbs, but I really liked Country Bride and Gent in North Wales. They had a great selection of different dresses in all sizes at great prices.
  • Options
    jwnoodlesjwnoodles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!!  Great advice, I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards