• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2010 Weddings

1st fitting today

Had my first fitting today. I know a little late. When I tried my dress on when my dress came in a couple months ago I didnt like it. I had posted on here how it was the same dress but I just didnt feel beautiful in it and just didnt really like it. My sister told me today that she felt the same way but didnt wanna tell me. I tried it on today at the seamstress house. I LOVE it. As soon as I put it on I felt so pretty ( even without makeup). I just love my dress. It doesnt need much alterations which is good.

BTW, A friends mom who is doing the alterations for the girls dresses and mine is doing them for cheap. She has done bridal gowns for a local place till she retired to take care of her son. I am so excited. She showed me on of the girls dresses. A hem and taking in at the shoulders and is only charging her like $50. That seems really cheap since the bridal shop wouldve charged at least $100 if not more.
Photobucket

Re: 1st fitting today

• I'm glad you like it!

My aunt is doing my alterations for free. I was quoted over $400 at another place and that's without a bustle. lol.
  • Congrats! Glad you feel better about it!
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    1000 Comments
    Riva- That is awesome that she is doing it for free.
    Photobucket
  • I am so glad you loved it! I wish I had gone elsewhere for my alterations and bustle (they cost $350) but with being out of state and all, I had to do the best with what time I had when I was home last month.
    Anniversary
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    1000 Comments
    Missy- That sux. What all did you have to have done for your dress?
    Photobucket
  • Just hemming it along the bottom and the bustle. The alterations were about $275 and the bustle was $50. It better be perfect when it is done. It was supossed to be done on Friday but they didn't call me. I am going to call Tuesday but the crappy part is that I am praying it is perfect bc I won't be able to try it on until a week before the wedding and by that time, I am afraid it will be too late if something is wrong. And its not liike anyone else can try it on for me and tell me if it is okay.

I was really hoping I didn't have to have the alterations done bc it is a designer gown and they measured me and all when I ordered it. The saleslady said with 3 inch heels I should be fine. I am don't know if they screwed something up or did it on purpose but that is about how much they were going to have to take off the bottom. But the thing is, how do I prove they may be in the wrong, esp with being so far away?
    Anniversary
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    1000 Comments
    Missy- Unfortunatly, it would be hard to prove if they had you sign for it like mine did. I hope that it fits perfect when you go back home. Im sure it will be. I told her I didnt want a bustle because I hate them but luckily she said it was up to me, there isnt much in the back.
    Photobucket
  • Great news! Congrats!
    Christen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hwrd2be: Thanks. I think everything will be okay. Yeah, I had to sign my life away, I don't think I could ever prove they may have screwed up. Plus, I don't have the time or energy left to put up a fight. He is very reputable in alterations and veil making. He hand made my veil and it was just what I wanted. Thank God my Grandma paid for that...lol
    Anniversary
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    1000 Comments
    Thats good. I think you are in good hands, I know what you mean about not having the time or energy. I found out today at my fitting that my MOH gained weight since she got measured and the dress has to be taken out. The seamstress said she can get the material for underneath but not the same material that is on top. Luckily, I bought them all shawls that is that material so she is gonna try to use that. If not my MOH will have to overnight some fabric. I wont find out for sure till next sat. If so, the fabric would have to be overnighted and the dress fixed in less than 2 weeks. Talk about stress lol. A friends mom is our seamstress. She is retired but did wedding gowns at a well known bridal store for 30+ years. The store I bought my dress at has a known fact of screwing up on alterations so that wasnt an option lol.
    Photobucket
  • Glad you feel better about it!!
  • Congrats! I'm glad you love your dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards