Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

RE: Share a wedding?

Hi All,

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy. I found this awesome venue in Philadelphia called Tendenza (Philadelphia) that offers a great inclusive package deal for a lowish price per person  around 115-120 for weekday/Fri/Sunday wedding. The minimum number of guests has to be 150. Unfortunately, my guest list is a solid 60-80. We come from extremely small families. 

I am looking to see if there are any other brides to be in the philly area who are also having a small wedding and might be interested in the venue too. Perhaps, we can share the space and split the costs! We are open to really anything but were thinking spring/fall wedding. 

Re: RE: Share a wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were you since you have such a small guest list I would look into restaurants, that have a private room or hire out the whole thing.  I would guess you could get a really sweet "non wedding" deal.  And be the only bride.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you make a good point and i have looked into but that's the problem i dont want to have a "restaurant" wedding...you know? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There was a girl that posted here all the time and comes back from time to time, I'll send out the bat signal.  Anyway she had her wedding at a restaurant and it was amazing!  Honestly.  It didn't look like a restaurant at.all.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've seen them done at restaurants and they're gorgeous. We have a few smaller restaurants out here that people rent out just for weddings.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also consider a different day of the week, as they may have different minimums. My venue has 150 minimum on Saturdays but 75 on Fridays and Sundays.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about kagkiki? Her pics are amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NCV - are you talking about Kagkiki?  She had her wedding at Estia in Center City.  I was a guest.  Yes, her wedding was beautiful.  Here are photos :)

http://www.sandorwelsh.com/blog/kristen-and-tom/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LRM - I know i've looked at her pics before, but I guess I never noticed you in one of them.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_re-share-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:8f96cac4-9016-4d71-a3c6-99c1a2e85a40Post:67db126d-01a0-4acb-8bdb-9e96bc1d1865">Re: RE: Share a wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]NCV - are you talking about Kagkiki?  She had her wedding at Estia in Center City.  I was a guest.  Yes, her wedding was beautiful.  Here are photos :) <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.sandorwelsh.com/blog/kristen-and-tom/">http://www.sandorwelsh.com/blog/kristen-and-tom/</a>
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, I can never remember her screen name.  I know it's a bunch of k s and i s</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ah I still love to look at her pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also never notices Heather in that picture!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I was looking for Heather in the group shot I found other people I know...small world.

Fabulous pictures, and you never would have known it was in a resturant!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, hello! I am glad that evevryone is enjoying looking at my photos! I sure enjoy the reminder to look at them!! :)

As for having a reception at a restaurant. I didn't feel like we lost out on anything compared to a typical wedding venue.  We had an entire level of the restaurant to ourselves. We had 70 guests, a seperate bar area, plenty of seating, including a head table and rented a dance floor.  We had a great banquet manager who helped plan everything out, printed out menu cards, set up the day of and really helped to cordinate with all my vendors.  Estia has a really great space and ended up being around $110/pp-$120/pp, it really depends on the menu and drinks of course.

We had an amazing florist who helped with the decor in really making it a beautiful reception, so I can't say that it was all Estia.  Eventricity really helped to polish off the look and feel of the reception. 

If you have any questions, I would love to help out. I felt similar to you, in that every reception space I looked at there was a minimum amount of people and we had such a small guest list. Keep looking and you will find the right venue. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_re-share-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:8f96cac4-9016-4d71-a3c6-99c1a2e85a40Post:19b9b558-b254-45c2-bd04-be47593a5c22">Re: RE: Share a wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I was looking for Heather in the group shot I found other people I know...small world. Fabulous pictures, and you never would have known it was in a resturant!
    Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE]

Who else do you know in the picture? Small world sometimes!!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the enochs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MIL was an Enoch! :) Wonderful family!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awe yay!
    I love them, I grew up with them :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards