Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Sheraton Society Hill- reviews please!!

Hi Ladies,

My fiancee and I are very close to booking the Sheraton Society Hill in Philadelphia for our reception and ceremony (Oct. 2012).  We like the space and the price is right, but we are hesitating because neither of us has ever been to an affair there, and so far have not found any of our friends who have either.  Can anyone offer a review?  Also, other suggestions for reasonably priced venues in the city would be very helpful!!

Thank you and congrats to everyone!
Melissa

Re: Sheraton Society Hill- reviews please!!

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had their wedding there.  My only complain was that dinner was served VERY late (like 11pm) but that was likely because it was a jewish ceremony after sundown, but the courses were very slowly served.

I remember it seeming very classy because of some of the touches... cake was served with ice cream in a chocolate cup and chocolate covered strawberries and and candies.  sorbet course with candied cherries.  chocolate flower candies on the tables.  i dont know if that is all standard but it seemed very upscale.    good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! Our ceremony will be a Jewish one as well, so the late dinner may be a complaint for us as well, but that info was really helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a reception for a Catholic wedding there - it was beautiful. Granted, I believe the couple had a lot of upgrades (literally every appetizer under the sun). Food was great, event was very organized. The location was nice, it allowed guests to not worry about commuting to hotel, guests even romed around the historic areas the next day. I enjoyed it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a couple of corporate events there and planned a corporate event there.  I think they are organized and well run. If you are happy with their prices, then go for it. It's a great neighborhood and convienent location.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards