Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

**CA2PA**

Just saw your post from yesterday...Master's in Education FTW!  WHOO!  Congratuations :)  Doesn't it feel good to be done rushing back and forth to grad classes after a crazy day at work? 

Where did you graduate from? 

Re: **CA2PA**

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does feel good not to rush back and forth!  I was taking classes all on Wednesday night and I'd have to drive straight from work in an hour's traffic to be in classes from 5-10pm.  UGH.

BUT my pain is not over yet.  On Monday I'll get my comp exam question and I'll have 4 weeks to write a paper around it.  So the stress is just about to boil over at this point.

I graduated from Loyola Marymount University.  Where did you graduate from?  BTW - do you know of any good, cheap universities to get my PA certification from?  I'm going to have to emergency certify it when I move back to teach Kindergarten. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my Master's from West Chester University, and I would HIGHLY recommend their program, which happens to be dirt cheap, as WCU is a state school.

Good luck on comps!!

BTW....check the PDE's website about getting certified here...it is probably easier than you think if you're already certified in another state.  Many states have reciprocal agreements with us where you only need to pass the right Praxis tests or take 1-2 classes in order to be certified, if that!
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm working with the charter school who hired me now on the best route to go.  I've taken the Praxis I and II but in California, for Early Childhood, you just need a permit.  I LOVE that PA has a certification from N-3.  We're seeing if, with my Master's, I'll be able to just get the N-3 certification.  If not then I'm gonna go for the Elementary Certification.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, PA is actually changing its certs around.  I teach middle schoo, so the early childhood stuff is a little unfamiliar to me, but elementary certification just changed this year from K-6 to K-4 and 4-8.  You might want to check and see what it'll be like for you once you get started here with classes.  If nothing else, I seirously would just call the el. ed. department and West Chester and ask what you need to do.  They are awesome.  I'm so happy with my experience there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards