• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2010 Weddings

Changing my name today!!!

Yippee!!! I will be officially Mrs Z by the end of the day (if all goes well lol). But im not going to have fun waiting in all these lines all day long. bleck.

House Renovations
Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image

Re: Changing my name today!!!

• Yea!  I got my SS changed on Friday and my new license on Saturday.  Now that the important ones are out of the way, I am slacking!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • Yay!! So exciting!!
    I got my new license and SS card in the mail last week - along with our new checks and return address labels - it's so weird to see my new name!

Hope the lines aren't too long and that it's all a simple and easy process for you MRS. Z!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• I changed my name at social security, with the DMV, at work and at my bank--all very exciting, still waiting on my license! 

I haven't done anything else and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  Good luck today!
  • I did this yesterday.  5 hours of my life that I will never get back. It was completely NOT fun.
  • Do you have to go to the SS office to change your name?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes.

Be sure to look cute at the DMV because they take your picture. I was not aware of this, and now my new picture is not cute.

(I am a Mrs. Z too!)
  • I tried to change mine! I live in a rural area so I went to the closest SS office about 45 minutes away! They told me that because of a zip code change (that happened over a year ago) that I was still closer to the main office in downtown Phoenix. This one is about a 90 minute (each way) drive and parking etc is a nightmare. Iam hoping I will be able to make the JOURNEY next week since our office is closed on 8/23.
    Good Luck to everyone
    City Girl meets Country Boy..stick around Ya'll and find out how the story ends!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards