Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Winery Recs

To my vino-loving ladies,

My Christmas gift idea for my SIL (Pollyana) fell through and now I am thinking of doing a "wine tasting" outing for her and I instead. Does anyone have any recs for a place we can go (preferably w/ free or cheap tasting) and then have lunch (on-site or nearby)...?

Other ideas are also welcome. She is a big wine-drinker and I think she would like "doing something" instead of getting an object for a gift. TIA!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR: Winery Recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any names, but there are some wineries out by Longwood Gardens area.  I'm only really familiar with S. Jersey wineries that IMO really aren't worth the trip down for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend took her whole BP for a wine tasting tour in the summer as a thank you, and the group favorite was Buckingham Valley Vineyards. The tasting was free, and their wine was the best in the are IMO. We had a great time. I think it's a really nice gift idea!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    are = area

We had also gone to New Hope Winery and Rosewood (or something similarly named) and they weren't as good.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue Mountain Winery in New Trippoli (it's a bit of a hike, but worth it). Every Sunday they have cheaper tastings, and music on the heated deck in winter (open deck in the spring/summer). You can bring your own food, just be sure to reserve a spot. Wine is wonderful (I'd say amazing but my fav. winery is in VA). The people that work there are super nice and very accomodating.

Here's their site. You can also adopt a vine for xmas - just an added suggestion!
    http://www.bluemountainwine.com/
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chadds ford winery= awesome. :) va la vineyard in Avondale is great as well.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Chadds Ford WInery.  Their wines are awesome.

ETA: Also if you drive a bit (15 minutes or so) to the corner of Rt 202 and Rt 1 there are a bunch of restaurants.  And if you cross over Rt 202, there's a PF Changs and American Bistro.  Pescatores is also right around there (Italian place).
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandcastle winery is nice, I am not too sure of what is near there.  The VIP tasting/food pairing is 20 bucks a person, but it is well worth it.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Chaddsford WInery. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RA- I love pescatores:) I vote again for chadds ford. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for your help, girls! I am looking into chaddsford now and I think one of these $20pp tastings will be perfect. January is wine and cheese pairings! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted a big wine tasting thread earlier on the Nest if you feel like reading it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards