Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bridesmaid gifts

So I'm thinking that I want to take the girls out for manicure/pedicure the week before the wedding. I think it'll be a nice time for us to all go out together and enjoy each other's company, while getting pampered. I'd probably also get them some kind of tangible, but smaller, gift, too.

What do you guys think?

Also, where would you suggest going for it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bridesmaid gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds very nice. People that I know who have gotten mani/pedis with the whole bridal party really enjoyed the time together. I guess where to go depends on where everyone is located.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh whoops - meant to say, we're in Feasterville (Bucks County). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not familiar with that area, but I am sure someone will have a suggestion. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this the day beofre the wedding with all of my girls, and we had a great time
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I did as a gift!  My girls are not jewelry wearers, and I knew anything else I got them would just get thrown out.  I got them a nice pedicure with a foot massage and a manicure too-- all together it cost me about $65 a person. 

The day of the mani/pedis I also gave them Old Navy flip flops that matched their dresses for them to wear home that day (don't want to mess up your nails!) and to wear at the wedding to dance in. 

As far as places go, have you looked at Illusions on Galloway Road in Bensalem?  It's in the same shopping center as Celebrations.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridesmaid-gifts-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:926f84f2-9771-4e3b-9656-f4f871e26819Post:3169ed7e-af10-4460-8e91-2cfb065b72e7">Re: Bridesmaid gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is what I did as a gift!  My girls are not jewelry wearers, and I knew anything else I got them would just get thrown out.  I got them a nice pedicure with a foot massage and a manicure too-- all together it cost me about $65 a person.  The day of the mani/pedis I also gave them Old Navy flip flops that matched their dresses for them to wear home that day (don't want to mess up your nails!) and to wear at the wedding to dance in.  <strong>As far as places go, have you looked at Illusions on Galloway Road in Bensalem?  It's in the same shopping center as Celebrations.
    </strong>Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I've been there a few times and really liked it there.. Also, I agree this is a great idea for a gift!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on doing a mani/pedi gift group trip as a gift too! Also considered paying for the girls' hair & makeup day of...I would really like to be able to do this, as I will be having them pay for their own dresses. Since that all adds up to a lot I'm getting each a small gift, plus their hostess gifts at the bridal shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! I'll definitely check out Illusions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards