Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR christmas card vent

I have sent xmas cards in the past to many people... but really did not feel like it this year. I sent them out to fewer people last year too. FI said we are 'a-holes' because other people are sending us cards and I didn't do it this year. Now the people that did send one are the ones with kids, so they are just generic cards, no writing on there or anything. So tell me, am I rude because I did not do it?! Hardly anyone sends us cards so I just think it is stupid to send them out. Plus I have enough to think about right now! I told him to send them out if he wanted to!!

/vent

Re: NWR christmas card vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't send out Christmas cards.  This is what happens... I buy Christmas cards... and then we run out of stamps.  So I don't send them, but I spend $$ buying them and like an hour signing them all.  OR... I buy them... I get stamps... I put stamps on them... then I think I send them out, and find them all on January 7th.

So I stopped doing them.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I told him that the only reason other people do it is because they have kids. I MIGHT do it next year with our wedding pic, but this is a big maybe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that's rude at all. I never used to send them but have been for 2 years now and people still sent them to me. I always thought it was an optional thing and just if you felt like doing it. I won't be upset if the people I sent them to don't send them back especially if they chose not to send them at all! I usually thank the people who send them and let them know I got them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not rude.  I didn't do Christmas cards this year b/c I'm too tied up with writing my thank you notes.  I always send them but just no time this year.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You're planning a wedding.  Plus, whenever I send them out, it's not like I get one from everyone I send them too.  I do it b/c it makes me feel good to give them not b/c I expect one in return.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea that is true, I mean I did send them in the past but I really was like who cares this year. I am busy! LOL 

I really did want to send ones with our wedding pic on it next year though, and then maybe if I have a baby a year or two later it can be of that.   :)   

I knew FI was just being crazy. Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really dont feel like doing it this year either. We are having the same issue. next time he brings it up ill tell him to get the cards write the addresses on them and send them himself. I just dont have it in me this year. SAHRRY!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, I mean I am just like lets just get through the holidays and bring on the wedding. I think he was more or less joking with me, if he says it again I will just ignore him. Xmas is like just days away at this point anyhow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards