Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Centerpiece Mock Up-FAILURE!! :(

As part of my venue's package, our centerpieces are included. We were able to choose from two florsts/event places, Robertson's and another, which I cannot remember the name. We met with the other place and they wanted $5,000 extra for flowers and stuff based on everywhere which was crazy. So we met with Robinson's a while ago... we discussed what I liked and what I wanted. I showed them two inspiration pictures.. I wanted half the tables with one type of centerpiece and half with the other type. The woman told me that the centerpieces in the pictures were very expensive and unless I wanted to pay alot I couldnt get the EXACT replicas. I understood and didnt want to pay alot of extra money, but she said she could get close to them..... So fast forward to last night... We arrived to Robertson's...... and I cried!!! I hated both of them, they were nothing that I liked or wanted. They were very outdoorisy (made up that word) and rustic... I am NOT a RUSTIC person!! Anyways.... here are my two inspiration pictures

and here is what they did as my mock up:

I think the woman felt bad because I was crying... so she is giving me a second mock up to fix the issues on Monday the 25th so hopefully round 2 will be better!!! AHHHH!!

Re: Centerpiece Mock Up-FAILURE!! :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh... that is pretty bad. :(  I am sorry ( I already said this on FB though)  I really hope that they can get it closer to what they feel of the inspiration pic is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was a failure on her part.  The first inspiration pic looks very simple, so I don't know why it would be expensive.  They could easily do it with hydrangea, carnations, roses, etc pretty cheap.  It's not like your inspiration pics were all orchids or something.  Wow.  I'm sorry you were disappointed and cried!  Hopefully they can fix it.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def. a failure for what you wanted. I'm a rustic gardeny (made that one up) kind of person and even I don't like what they did. The first one isn't too bad since 1 of the 3 looks nice - but it looks so thrown together and not in that "ooo that's lovely" thrown together kind of way (ie. wildflowers in a antique milk vase).

Did they lose the inspiration photos? Or just their minds? Glad they're doing a second mock up for you. Hopefully it will a) not make you cry, and b) be much closer to what you want, if not perfect
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it's too late for this or if this is a possibility, but my venue also includes floral arrangements but if we don't want to work with the vendors they offer they will give us a per person discount instead. We will most likely go that route since the vendors they offer are on the pricey side and we would end up paying a lot extra to get what we want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are pretty mock ups but defiantly not what you asked for. I don't get how is it that hard to recreate those. Some people are morons!

Hope the 2nd time around is better then the first!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, these don't look all that tough to do or to recreate without breaking the bank.  Robertsons is usually pretty decent, but they have different locations, maybe you could try the florist/designer at one of their other locales?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards