Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Can I have your opinion?

My FI and I love the Beatles.  It was one of the first things we found we had in common when we first met.  We want to have 1, maybe 2 Beatles Songs in our ceremony.  FI really loves the song, "Let It Be", what do you girls think of this song?  Do you think the lyrics are appropriate?  Here is the link for them, thank you! :)

http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20Beatles%20Lyrics/Let%20it%20Be%20Lyrics.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can I have your opinion?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure I like it for a wedding.  If you want Beatles, how about "In My Life" or "All You Need is Love"?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother played/sang "something" during our ceremony

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also choose another Beatles song. The songs PP mentioned are good. Our first dance song will be I Will. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my honest opinion, do whatever you want.  Really.  If your FI really loves the song, and you can squeeze a 30 second clip into the wedding ceremony for him and make him happy, do it.  The song really doesn't scream "wedding" but it's not inappropriate either.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >> The song really doesn't scream "wedding" but it's not inappropriate either. <<

this.  DO you what you want.  it's your wedding, not ours ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DItto, do what you want.  I said in a past post that if it means something to you and your FI, then that makes it special.  I'm not a fan of etiquette when it comes to weddings and I tried not to care what other people would think.  It should be special to you, not everyone else.  That's what their weddings are for.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also check out "vitamin string quartet" on youtube/itunes, they play strings versions of modern/semi-modern rock.

you might be able to fit a more "wedding-like" version into your ceremony and the beatles version into your reception.
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding this October. At the end of the service when they were presented they turned to face the congregation and "All you need is love" started to play. It was the cutest thing ever, I wish I wouldve thought of it first. I loved it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies.  I started researching more Beatles songs last night and found out they did a cover of Buddy Holly's song Words of Love, so I talked to FI about it and we're doing that for the exit to incorporate our love for the Beatles in there.  Thanks for all the feedback! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_can-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:96d30ed8-8554-4c43-9192-0b3289cb1820Post:72d1d650-2feb-4fdb-8df8-2faa848cf942">Re: Can I have your opinion?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding this October. At the end of the service when they were presented they turned to face the congregation and "All you need is love" started to play. It was the cutest thing ever, I wish I wouldve thought of it first. I loved it.
    Posted by Smile1114[/QUOTE]

This is what we did. :-) They started playing when we kissed and played us and the bridal party out.  It was awesome.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cara, didn't you get married in October?  I guess smile would realize if she was at ur wedding but I'm just saying.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smile, did you crash my wedding? ;-)

I have to confess though, I totally ripped the idea from Love, Actually, so I can't claim it as my own.  We love the Beatles though, so it worked.  We also had "All You Need Is Love" printed on the inside of our kippot that the men wear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards