Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Tan Lines??

So I have some killer tan lines on my back (not any on front) -- anyone recommend a tanning lotion that works and blends well?

or has anyone used that jergens natural glow??

I dont think the color I have now will really fade much before the wedding-- maybe a little but Im sure you'll still be able to see the lines
Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
Photobucket

Re: Tan Lines??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd hit up the tanning salon a few times - that should take care of it.  I am not an advocate for tanning salons, but for this once in a lifetime day, I think it's the way to go!  You never know what lotion against natural tan would look like in pictures if you try and go that route.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea I was thinking that too

I have a fear of looking orange :-P (and of tanning salons haha) but I guess 2-3 times should be okay
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate tanning salons too, but for this one day, it's worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wouldn't she still have a darker tan where she is already tan and then a lighter tan where she has the lines now?  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just try the tanning lotion. Or go get a spray tan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had bad tan lines this summer and used the Clinique Men's facial tanner they have, and it worked wonders! I used a Q-tip to apply it only on the light lines and it blended right it, and photographed well (I was in a wedding). It washes away, so you'll need to re-apply every day that you need to hide them, but it's quit and didn't rub off on my clothes. Maybe worth a try at the counter to see how you like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Tan Towels.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259939&categoryId=B70

I tried them out a couple weeks ago and they worked perfect to fill in my tan lines!  I tested to see
    1) If I would turn out orange - I didn't!  I couldn't believe how perfectly it worked
    2) How long the "tan" would last - On me, after about 3 days I could start to see the tan disappear.

Oh, and I tried the Jergens a couple months ago and without fail, always ended up with a brown/orange on the inside of my shirts.  No matter how long I tried to let the lotion dry before getting dressed, without fail, stains.

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats so weird- my boss just told me about those tan towels
    haha

I may have to pick those up today
    Photobucket
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've got enough time to definitely try them out.  Like I said, for me, after about 3 days, the color started to fade.  But I just pretty much colored in the areas that weren't tan.  I only used one application, but you can add more after the first dries and the color shows up.

• Options
    hdiddy013hdiddy013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    L'Oreal Sublime Gradual Self Tanner...light/medium dark is what I use during the winter months because I am a recovering tanning bed addict. I never look orange, I get great compliments all the time! You def don't want to use a self tanner on your actual day but maybe several days leading up to it for a subtle glow. I am thinking about my big day and I might use the spray tan at a salon because it wont rub off like the self applying ones I use. Where some white though and test it out first! Hope that helps Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards