Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Another shoe question

I'm wondering if your shoes match your gown colors?  I know that some girls are wearing different color shoes (blue, pink), which I think is so cool, but I'm not sure if I want to do that.  The dress that I love is off-white, so I'm wondering, do I try to find off-white shoes?  Or do I just get white shoes, because no one will really see them under the dress?

Re: Another shoe question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had my own shoe issues, but I did return a pair of ivory shoes becuse they were darker than my silk white dress.  If you are going shoe shopping in person, as opposed to online, just bring a swatch of your dress with you and try to find the closest match.

Otherwise, don't worry about it, no one will notice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the material of the dress and shoes, white/ivory may look different.  I wouldn't worry if they're close in color, they dont have to be exact... no one will notice except you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, ok.  WIll the bridal shop give me a swatch of the dress if I ask?  I was hoping that people would say that it doesn't really matter with the shoes:) but I think that having a swatch might help, especially since I think that I want to get hair accessories, like a flower, from somewhere other than the shop, so that would be helpful to have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our of the three pairs of shoes I purchased one was white and two were ivory. The one ivory shoe was way too dark. But the other matches my dress really well. My dress says it's ivory but it still looks white to me. Just not bright diamond white.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards