Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Reception Card, opinions please...

I'm not big on etiquitte or my wedding invitations.  That being said, I ordered the invitation and am printing the response and reception cards myself.

Its it a complete no-no to print on the front and back of the reception card?  I wanted to put reception and accommodation info on the front and directions to our venue on the back.  Its being printed on postcard paper, so there is no ink bleeding through.

What's your opinion?

Re: Reception Card, opinions please...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say no. I am lazy and I usually don't look at the back of things. Eh, but I guess if they really need the directions they will flip it over...

Change my vote to - whatever...
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say "whatever," because honestly no one will care or even think you're lazy for doing that.  But then I changed it to absolutely because I think it may actually be helpful - they can just take that card with them to the wedding with the directions on one side and all the reception information on the other.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say whatever. Do it-- and it would save paper so all the environmentally friendly guests would be happy ;)  And if anyone cares that much, they should probably loosen up a bit   hahaha

In the end, I don't think people would mind that much.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  FI and I are just winging most of this stuff, and he doesn't know what is "right" so I just needed a second opinion.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's a matter of etiquitte, I think that the reason why people have it as two cards is because most people won't flip over cards and realize there is more info on the back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your invites are pretty informal/casual, you might be able to print somethign at the bottom on the front of the card that says "directions on reverse" or something. I'm sure the ladies at P&E are cringing that I even wrote that. haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely say do it - we are doing a double sided panel invite - formal invite on the front with the reception & direction info on the back. It doesn't take away from the formality and still looks great, IMO. Saves time, cash monies & paper.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If I received an invitation with an insert like that, I would think it was great and smart and green! Now I'm wondering why I haven't received an insert like that in the past.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was concerned the directions on the back may be overlooked, but IMO I hate opening an invitation and having 50 separate pieces of paper fall out.  Our completed invitation will include the formal invite, a response card w/envelope (addressed and stamped), and a reception/directions card.  I also put our website info on the STD that went out in February and I'm including it again on the reception card because all the hotel info is on the website (and directions and other details).

Thanks again for your opinions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards