Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

the mansion at ridley creek

Has anyone used it or attended a wedding there?  I'm going to see it Saturday.  I know they're quite hands-off, but that fits my DIY urges beautifully.  I also know they only have a residential kitchen, so I'd have to find a caterer willing to work it for our small crowd or one who brings their own set up.  Any other advice/experience with this place?  It looks gorgeous from the outside.  Hah.
Photobucket

september siggy challenge! my colours!

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: the mansion at ridley creek

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad and step mom got married there about 15 years ago or so. It's absolutely beautiful there. I would recommend having your reception elsewhere though, as I've heard since the mansion is so old the wiring is faulty (not DJ-friendly). I don't have  first-hand experience with the mansion though, just the grounds.
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you want to see some photos we have or that we have gotten from other brides go to http://romanceatridley.blogspot.com 
    There are photos and links to brides reviews of Ridley and their experiences there. 
    I called them about a month ago, and they said they weren't taking reservations for 2011 yet.  Not sure when you plan to be married.  I have some pictures buried somewhere that other brides sent me or I culled from a variety of websites, I'll hunt them out and add a link for anyone who wants it, give me a few days to find them all.  I've heard they're kind of surly and VERY VERY HANDS OFF (which is great for some brides, not so for others, but it is beautiful!  They not only have the mansion to rent but outside areas as well, not sure what time of year you are planning a wedding.  Winter rates obviously are better than summer/spring/fall.  I think their rates are high for what they provide, but you can't beat the beauty of it!  Shackamaxon catering does work with them if you're looking for a caterer familiar with them, not sure who else, but I know several brides who have used them there.   Hope this helps you out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The grounds and mansion itself are beautiful, but IMO the room was very dark & VERY small. It all depends on the size of your wedding & the look you're going for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nancy- pictures would be great if you can find some. 
    thanks so much for the link! 

we don't have a determined date yet, so this is more of a scouting visit, but if they're not booking for 2011 yet I gues it's not an issue.  We plan on having it outdoors..I would rather not tent it if it rains, but I guess if the inside isn't on par with the outside it'll be a consideration before we book.
    Photobucket

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ps.  nancyr- that link no longer exists.  maybe this is an omen.  hah.
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooooh!  thanks so much!  these are gorgeous!  i'm excited now!  (can you tell by my exclamation point overload?)
    Photobucket

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend's reception was there and it was beautiful. The only bad part was it being in wintertime.
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try this to see pics romanceatridleycreek dot blogspot dot com hope this works, if not email me and I'll send it to you nancyels at aol
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     ok this should work, romanceatridleycreek dot blogspot dot com no www 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards