• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2010 Weddings

July 30th vendor reviews

Overall our wedding day went well but there were a few things that went wrong along the way. I will write the reviews as best as I can.

Reception- The Sterling Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of Tinton Falls- A

Overall everything at the reception went well and the room was set up beautifully. The cocktail hour was great even though it went by fast for us and I dont remember seeing many butler passed hor douvres. But the food was delicious and set up very nicely. We have had many people tell us that the food was great and there was plenty of it. To me it seemed a little long in between courses during dinner but I think it was just me worrying. My mother said that she didnt receive the right steak cooked medium well and had to trade with my aunt but everything else was good.

DJ- Gemini Productions DJs- A

The DJ and MC were great throughout the whole night. They played great music and there was lots of dancing. I cant remember if they played every song on our must play list but they definitely played most of them. The music was a good volume and was played continuously. All the introductions went well and they provided uplighting also which gave the room a nice aqua glow to it.

Limo- Santos V.I.P Limosine- C

The limo was clean and the champagne toast and drinks were provided but as for the service, it could have been alot better. The limo driver showed up to my husband's house late and then on the way to the church which was only 15 minutes away and very easy to get to, he pulled over because his gps wasnt working and was wasting time trying to figure out how to get to the church. Finally one of my husbands groomsmen rolled down the window and told the guy how to get to the church. Needless to say they were at the church later than they were supposed to be. By the time the limo came to pick me up he was about 15 minutes later than he was supposed to be. On the way to get pictures taken at the park the driver almost rear ended the car in front of him and then after the pictures on the way to the reception he almost went the wrong way and had to be told to turn around to go the right way to the reception. So the service defintely could have been better. But the limo itself was nice.

Flowers- Take It Personally gifts- C+

The flowers looked good, however the yellow roses were darker than I expected them to be since we had discussed a very pale yellow rose and they were more of a medium yellow. Also, the flowers started falling apart before the reception even started and later died not very long after the wedding. The price was pretty good and the flowers werent that important to me so it wasnt a total disaster.

Photographer- Rick Helman Photography and Video- B+

I can only review the photographer on his behavior that day and the pics I have seen so far as I have not received the proofs or had an album made yet. Overall we had no problem with him on the wedding day. He arrived at my house early and got alot of shots. After the ceremony when we went to the park my husband started to get aggravated when he told him to stop squinting even though the sun
was bright. And then he was worried we would miss cocktail hour cause the photographer had to get a few more shots, but he was just doing his job. At the reception he was unintrusive and took pictures that we asked him to take. However, upon seeing the pictures on the website I dont like how I look in most of the pictures (but that could be my fault not his) and there are several pictures where people's eyes are closed. Also, my mother is upset because he didnt take any table pictures at the reception and there are hardly any pictures of most of her friends and family.

Videographer- Still Video Productions- A

Again I can only review his behavior on the day of the wedding because I have not yet seen the video but as far as I can tell he did a great job, was always available and stayed until the very end.

Dress boutique- Patrice Bridals- A

I got my dress here for alot cheaper than it would have been at the store where I found it. Throughout everything they were helpful and courteous. I loved my dress. Even though the alterations were expensive and the dress was difficult to alter and bustle they did a great job and I got many compliments on my dress.

Cake- Piece O Cake- A+

The cake was amazing as I thought it would be. It looked beautiful, almost as I had pictured it and the buttercream was so smooth my husband said it looked fake. It tasted even better than the tastings and I had two slices at the reception, mine and my husbands. It was chocolate cake with cannoli and chocolate mousse filling. I also received compliments on the cake. The only thing that could have been better was the sugar flowers on the cake were more blue than the aqua swatch I gave her to get the color of the flowers.

Tuxedos- Men's Wearhouse- B

The tuxes looked and fit good but leading up to the wedding there was not communication between them and us as they said there would be and when they tuxes came in my husband and the best man didnt get a call that they were in.

If I forgot anything or anyone I apologize and I will post more reviews later. Hope I have been of some help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: July 30th vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards