Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Budget DIY wedding venue ideas?

I am looking for ideas for an Oct 1st 2011 wedding reception site that is super affordable. We would like to do an afternoon wedding, we want alcohol and appetizer type food. We are very casual couple but still want something nice. We live in Bucks county but I am open to traveling a little bit in order to get better pricing, family will be coming from all over. Any ideas?

Re: Budget DIY wedding venue ideas?

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

October is one of the most expensive months to get married because it is suuuuper popular-- even more popular in than June.

Could you shoot us out a price range that you are looking to spend?  I wouldn't want to suggest something, and it be out of your budget.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what amer said- if you change it to november, youll definitely spend a lot less
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jamiesummyjamiesummy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want the whole thing to be under $6000 if possible. I am willing to change the wedding date to September if that would be any cheaper......
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i am fine to changing it to november also...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    September and October are the most expensive months because they are in-season.  To stick with those months and stay in budget, would you consider a Friday or a Sunday?

I'll try to think of some venues.  Have you looked at Celebrations in Bensalem? I think they have good packages, especially for Fri and Sun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Considering that you want a bar and appetizers/finger foods, I would look into restaurants with private rooms/ballrooms or something.  Think outside the box.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I do think that a bar/restuarant with a private room/ballroon would be perfect but I am not from the area and have no idea where to look.....I am from Central PA. So if you think of anything that would fit that description, please let me know, but thanks for that suggestion cause that would fit us perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in Bucks are you?  I agree with MH, I think a restaurant is a great idea.  I know some people have enjoyed the Buck Hotel.  I haven't been to an event there, but I hear they do a good job.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good idea MH! 

jamie- how many guests do you think youll invite?
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    80-100, we are in Langhorne.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about a winery? Some of them mandate you use their catering company, but Rose Bank Winery (clicky link) has an open catering policy. You could order your apps, etc, from a local restaurant.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a good idea and im checking with them on their rental fees because they do allow you to use an outside caterer....Keep your fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards