Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Where to start?! Just engaged!

Just got engaged last weekend :) We are thinking either May or September 2013, so I feel like we have a bit of time. I still would like to start looking at venues! I would love a city wedding, but not sure if it is in the budget. Any suggestions in Phildelphia for around 100-125/per plate? We are thinking around 200 people. Or - if that is totally unreasonable, any suggestions in the delaware or chester county areas?

Thank you all!!

Re: Where to start?! Just engaged!

• lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  You may be able to do a city wedding within that budget.  Depending on the time of year and if you're open to Friday/Sundays, you may be able to look at the Downtown Marriott, Ballroom at the Ben, or Cescaphe places.  I got Saturday prices from those places and I think they were only slightly outside of your budget ($135-160, inclusive).  There are probably other places that I'm not thinking of, but those are some fun ones to start with!  When looking at venues, definitely keep in mind whether the prices quoted include tax and gratuity, as it makes a huge difference (probably $10ish per person, once you factor in 20% tip, city and state taxes). 

Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards