Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Friday Poll #1 Friends

Are you your best friend's best friend?  As in, does the person you consider to be your BFF, consider you to be theirs?  Or vice-versa.

ETA:  I mean FRIENDS... not your DH/FI/SO

Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is my best friend and I would think I am her best friend too, at least ONE of her best friends.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes I would say so.
    As I get older the 'BFFs!' list has cut down a lot. haha  I have 2 girls that I consider my best friends and they always say I'm theres  (sucks they live in NY and CA..sad face)

And then I also consider my sister and DH a best friend and I know that they do too :)

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's a good one.

We've separated a little over the past few months, but we've both got a ton of stuff going on. I feel like I make more of an effort for our friendship, but the trust & honesty is the same.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are more then just BFFs.. we are life partners.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  My best friend is my MOH... and I'm her best friend.  When she gets married, I probably won't be in her wedding party, though.... because she has six sisters.  Six. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure if I really have a best friend anymore.  During college and for about 2 or so years after I thought of my best friend as my MOH.  Over the past few years though we have grown apart because we don't live near each other and we are just very different now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend (girl) was my MOH but I don't think I'm her BFF and that's ok.  My best guy friend was also in my BP, and I think I may be his best girl friend.

I think my other girl BM was offended when she wasn't MOH because I think I'm her BFF.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if I really have a best friend anymore.  During college and for about 2 or so years after I thought of my best friend as my MOH.  Over the past few years though we have grown apart because we don't live near each other and we are just very different now.
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

This. My BFF would be DH. And my sister. Beyond that, probably my SIL and then 2 other BMs that are REALLY close friends. I would say they would say the same about me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister (MOH) and FI are my best friends. The girls in my wedding party, although we don't see each other as often as we would like, are still my best friends and they consider me the same. Also a few outside of my wedding party that I met later in life.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. My best friend has a different best friend. But I think I'm someones best friend and she's not mine. That being said, I have three VERY close girlfriends so it's hard to say which is the best, and thne 5 good friends that it's easy to say not as much... so it's tricky.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-1-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a49358bf-6917-4fd8-975a-084bb9421e13Post:84fae0af-063a-4e86-a7bf-62c91be4f402">Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends : [QUOTE ]I'm not sure if I really have a best friend anymore .  During college and for about 2 or so years after I thought of my best friend as my MOH.  Over the past few years though we have grown apart because we don't live near each other and we are just very different now. Posted by amy727[/QUOTE] This. My BFF would be DH. And my sister. Beyond that, probably my SIL and then 2 other BMs that are REALLY close friends. I would say they would say the same about me.
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

I will be your stand in BFF :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-1-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a49358bf-6917-4fd8-975a-084bb9421e13Post:49c29e0d-9b61-4079-8d50-cccb6361f938">Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Poll #1 Friends : This. My BFF would be DH. And my sister. Beyond that, probably my SIL and then 2 other BMs that are REALLY close friends. I would say they would say the same about me. Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE] <strong>I will be your stand in BFF :-)
    </strong>Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

Excellent!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I am super close with my sister,and I know she would say would say I'm her BFF.  She's funny, I sent her stuff for Valentine's Day, and she jokes that I'm better than a boyfriend.   And of course, FI.  Duh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a BFF either. I have 3 close female friends and all are BM, but we're all good friends, not each others BFFs. BFF is my FI - and most likely once my youngest sister is old enough to really have fun, I have a feel we'll be BFFs.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto to that lemma

Since the girls I consider my best friends live in California and NYC- we dont see each other a lot (once a year maybe for the CA friend) so I spend a lot of time with my sister since we're really close. 
     My crew of friends is mostly guys so I have a lot of close friends rather than best friends.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes! my best friend is my MOH and has been my best friend since 1st grade, and I am hers.  I dont even think I asked her to be my MOH it was just assumed lol!
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I don't really know. I have about 3 very close girl friends, one of which I would possibly consider my best friend, and she was my MOH, but I don't know if that's BFF! I think she's the same way, we definitely consider each other one of our best friends, but I don't think either of us has a BFF.

There is a group of 5 of us from college with whom I consider 3 my best friends. The other is more like a frenemy - and she's and my MOH are very close.

I feel like I have a list of best friends -- My best Philly friend, my best Grad School friend, my best High School friend. Of course I see the Philly friend more, but that doesn't mean I'm closer to her than HS friend (who lives in Texas).
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto amer- we are life partners.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH and I have been best friends since we were 4 which is 20 years!!!  We are like sisters!  Our families have even become close.  My mom's family considers her fmaily to our familly - for holidays, birthdays, etc they are always with us.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have two best friends: my sister - she drives me up a wall sometimes but she is the most caring person I know and would go out on a limb for me - and my friend since literally she was born - you know you have good friends when you can go weeks without taking because of busy schedules, and its like you just talked yesterday - never missing a beat. I might not have alot of friends but the ones I do are keepers :)

Oh yea, these two ladies would say the same thing about me! lol
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've given up on the "Best Friend" title after graduating high school, now I just go with she's one of my closest friends. I guess I gave up on it cause I couldn't figure out what made people exactly "Best Friends" besides a necklace...haha. And I never knew or felt if the "best friend" vibe went both ways as I always hung out with a group of girls and friendships/closeness was always shifting.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards