Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

How long were you

2»

Re: How long were you

• edited December 2011

About a year and 2 months dating when we got engaged. And 2 years and 2 months when we got married.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My DH and I met when I was 7 years old and he was 10 years old, well thats our first memory. So I have known him pretty much my whole life. His aunt/cousin lived across the street from me my whole life! Holidays, graduations, block parties, etc... Charlie was there! Fate brought us back to meet in 2005 at an Eagles game, where we saw each other... but we each had other SO... So we didnt start talking again until 2008! We went out on our first date on 4/6/08 ( I love it).... and got engaged a year and 3 months later in Cabo San Lucas on 7/15/09..... Got married/were engaged for 1 year and 4 months... Some people will say "WOW you knew he was the one after only a year and 3 months!" My response was "I am 25 years old I dont need to date someone for 5+ years to know he is the one..." (Me and my ex were together for 5 years and he was NOT the ONE!)

So to answer your question:
    First Met: August 1992
    First Date: April 4, 2008
    Engaged: July 15, 2009
    Married: November 6, 2010

• Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    9 years

but we met in high school so we were only 15 when we met-- not really rushing into marriage at that point ;) 
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we dated for 8 months broke up for a year and a half and then dated for a year and 5 months before we were engaged.
  • Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011

moved in together after 2.5 months engaged after 7 months. we will have been together 2 years when we get married. again, when you know you know. i knew within 2 weeks of being with him. ive had 2 long term relationships and he was with a girl for 7 years before me and we both knew early on with eachother. i never felt a connection with anyone else like I did with him.  I always laugh thinking he was with a girl for 7 years and he wasnt sure about her but was with me for only 7 months and was. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011
    Dated for a little over 3 years, engaged for 6 months.
  • edited December 2011
    Dating  nearly 7 years, will be engaged 3 years (total of 10 years!)  when we get married. That's what happens when you are with someone since high school. lol
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6 years and 2 months before the engagement. 
    7 years and 6 months before the wedding.
    Photobucket
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011

Dated a year and 10 months, engaged for a year and 5 months :)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uh we've never been good at keeping track of how long we've dated but it all started about 7years ago...wow that seems like a crazy long time said that way! We met in college I was starting my junior year and he his sophomore year and so we dated about 5 years before we got engaged and we'll be engaged 2 years and 2 months.

Our relationship slowly formed and then once we moved in together we knew we'd get married it just was a matter of when FI had the bucks for the ring. I did get a little antsy thinking when will we get engaged the year leading up to our actual engagement. And then once I got my shiny I wasn't in a rush to do all the planning and spending so we are enjoying a longer engagement.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dated for just under 2 years.
    Engaged 10 months.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    edited December 2011
    we dated for 1 year 2 months and by the time we get married we will have been engaged for 1 1/2 years
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards