• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2010 Weddings

E-Party Help!

So we have a group of very close friends that will all be invited to the wedding.  The rest of our 200+ guests is primarily family, that all live close.  So now I have a dilemma.  My mom is hosting our emgagement party and she wants a guest list from us by this weekend, and I dont know who should get to be invited and who shouldn't!  I certainly don't want more than 200 people showing up at our city park.  is there any kind of rule for this?

Re: E-Party Help!

• We did this. We sent out engagement announcement to everyone that we would be inviting to the wedding. So we got the word out about our engagement. As for our engegament party. We invited both of our families. I have a rather large one so they could all meet. Then we invited close friends of ours as well as close fmaily friends. We ended up having a larger engagement party of 75 people. I hope this helps. Have a great party.  
  • I agree with pp with inviting family and close friends only... however the one thing I can add is ask your mom for a number of the max people you can invite so that you don't go over. She should be able to provide you with something so that you have guidelines. Good luck!
  • for our engagement party we had close family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) and the wedding party. it ended up being about 60 people
  • We just invited close friends and immediate family.  Our extended family are OOT though.  You do not need to invite everyone you are inviting to the wedding...just keep in mind everyone you invite to the E-Party you do have to invite to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards