Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If choir counts... all 4 years of high school, choir and golden chorale, senior ensemble, women's choir, and madrigal singers... not to mention all through middle school, and district chorus in elementary school.

I can't play an instrument to save my life though.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope

ETA:  I wish I had some sort of musical talent. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Band Geek Here! whoop whoop!

Played the flute since 3rd grade but stopped once I hit college. The marching band was as geeky in my HS though- we had a lot of jock/bandie or cool kid/bandie combo (I was a jock combo since I played soccer also) But we got to go to London to play in the Queens New Years parade and I met and fell in love with my DH so that all makes it worth it ;)

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't because I am talentless, but I hung out with all the band/theater kids.  The HS sweetheart graduated from Tisch and is now a starving artist in NYC and everything :P
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright here it goes:

Church choir from the time I can remember until right around the time I lost my mom...

Church choir lead me to singing in middle school chorus, I did not sing in high school chours

I was a dancer from age 4-18, then I taught...anyway...
         I think that lead me to drama in middle school and high school.... I was on the dram club board and everything in high school

I started playing saxophone in 4th grade....
          I continued all the way through senior year.
          I was in band, orchestra, and jazz band, and marching band in middle school.  
             However in MS Marching Band I was in guard
         Then in high school I was in band and marching band. 
             Guard my freshman year then I played cymbals in 10-12 grades

Yupp you could say I was one of those kids
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    not in high school, but in elementary and middle school I was in a lot of local plays and musicals.

In high school I succombed to peer pressure and joined the cheerleading squad instead ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  Did color guard in high school, sang in choir, was in the orchestra, and did pit orchestra for every play I could find.

I generally don't admit that to people now though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nada. I was a dancer so I never had an interest in playing any type of instrument, but I wish I did.

I am assuming my future crumb snatchers will play something since DH plays the accordion and sax.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I played piano at home when I was a kid.  That doesn't count though.  I got bored with it and quit, but now regret that decision.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ballet and Theatre - Theatre geek since 6th grade in fact!
    Ballet since I was 3 and ended around the end of college for me.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Choir and theater here. Dance until I was 16.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No band or theater experience for me. I was a dancer, softball player, swimmer so those left me no time for anything else!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    I played clarinet and bass clarinet all through high school, was in marching and pep band, and played bass clarinet in college for a few years too. I also sang in the choir my junior and senior years of high school.

I was in my first play in 7th grade, and once I got into high school, I switched over to doing all the backstage stuff, and was stage manager for a lot of productions my junior and senior years, and was Drama Club President my senior year. I then majored in Technical Theatre in college, but got burnt out at the end of 5 years (we did 10 shows a year - most colleges do 5). However it gave me excellent management and organazation skills, which I hope to put to good use doing DOC gigs. :)

I also DJ-ed a karaoke show for 3 years in college, and I currently am the lead singer in a Philly/South Jersey area cover band.

And I love Glee. So yeah, total band and theatre geek here. :)
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did band through middle school, does that count? In elementary school they bussed me into the middle school to play in the "best" band, because I was so awesome at the flute. When I went to O'hara they made us chose between gym art and band... umm art hello?!?

I also did choir my Sr. year of HS at the public HS I went to, but only because it was a class that was only 2 days a week, and it was easy to ditch. I never went to the concerts, so I got a C for chorus... womp womp.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes to all of it.  Choir, band, orchestra, marching band, guard, plays, musicals, etc etc etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Raises hand for Theatre.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Guilty as charged:  I've been in various choirs since the age of 7 and was in band, marching band, and orchestra playing auxiliary percussion (xylophone, bells, etc.) from the age of 9 to my senior year of high school.  I majored in Music Therapy in college and concentrated on voice. Also sang in the Madrigal Singers group in college.  I didn't do theater much until I was an adult and have since been in five community theater productions.  Currently, I'm in a community choir.

ETA:  did ballet and jazz dance from ages 5-11, and jazz for one season at the age of 14.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i was in colorguard all of high school and did the musical one year

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    I think I tried to play the clairinet in like 4th grade..that was a fail! Oh and I was in Chorus in HS, but not because I can sing (because I cant), But because it was easy credits.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Color guard high school and college, including section leader AND band geek sorority.  Of which I now am on the alumni list to meet sisters when they come to study abroad in London, I meet up with a girl now.  

I was also in theatre, plays, musicals etc.  
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the above -- I don't play an instrument, sang in high school (chamber choir, mixed octet, women's quartet), and did pretty much every play and musical!

Sadly when I went to college, there was really no way to "do" theater without double majoring in theater. I would love to get invovled with community theater at some point, I did a few summer shows in high school and it was fun!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clearly I was in theatre... lol.

First solo when I was 5... first play when I was 9 (I played a boy)... first lead when I was 16.  I was in theatre for about 13 years... and I sang the entire time.  Still singing, not  so much the theatre.  Could you imagine me doing two jobs AND a show??  HAHAHAHA.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards